Benimar 6000ST... THE NEXT STEP ON THE MOTORHOME LADDER (1 Viewer)

zen navigator

Free Member
Mar 27, 2009
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Hi,

This is my third season as a MH'er, and wish I done it years ago. So not wasting my time to work my way up to the Rolls Royce of Motorhomes...whatever that may be?
I have my eye on a Benimar 6000ST 1998 72,000 on the clock. 2.8TDi engine with a layout that ticks the boxes.

My questions to the collective are:

Benimar 6000ST. Good, Bad, Indifferent. Appreciate is can be subjective, but like to know what you think\heard.

Cost. Its a wheeler dealer who wants 20k but its very tidy inside and been well looked after. Thinking 20k for a 12 year van, is it good value?

Mileage. Currently got a 20 year old van with 49k so bit weary of a 12 year with 72k. Not exactly high mileage for a MH. Also suggest is been used regularly...can be good...could be bad!?!?

Dave and Sylvia

Autoquest

Free Member
Oct 13, 2008
Small EU backwater
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Cash is king - you've got and he wants it :Smile: Offer 17.5k and walk away for a week or two then let him talk you up to 18K - agree to that then haggle for the extras ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Like this one Here 1999 same mileage £1650:Eeek:
Show him :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Z

zen navigator

Free Member
Mar 27, 2009
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Yeh thats the one :winky: Got it confused with another MH which I am keeping tabs on. Swift Sundance 2003 model which is 20k c\o wheeler dealer. The Benamir is 1999 at 16k and private sale. Got there....:Doh:

I do prefer the Benamir to the Swift cos the layout and the engine is 2.8TDi v 2.3TDi and is cheaper!

The Swift at 20k seems a reasonable price for a dealer, 38k and 6 years old. The gist of the post was a MH which is 4 years older and has twice the mileage is worth the 3.5k saving?

Is the Benamir a class above, and therefore holds it value better and justifies being price accordingly.

Dave

Last edited:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
I like the Benimar range. There Spanish I believe and the Spaniards apparently love them (that's what the dealer told me).
To give you some idea, we looked at a similar van at Newark 2 years ago on a 02 plate and the dealer wanted £31k :whatthe::whatthe:

Nice van though, and love the layout.

Drop a couple of k off his asking price, he wont hit you. And then work upward from there. seems realistic to me.:thumb:

david and ann

Free Member
Jan 3, 2009
Sax Alicante
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
7 years
I like the Benimar range. There Spanish I believe and the Spaniards apparently love them (that's what the dealer told me).
To give you some idea, we looked at a similar van at Newark 2 years ago on a 02 plate and the dealer wanted £31k :whatthe::whatthe:

Drop a couple of k off his asking price, he wont hit you. And then work upward from there. seems realistic to me.:thumb:
I have a 2002 benimar europe 2.8jtd Love it plenty of toys and they are all still working. 20k seems a bit steep though !
Mine takes 100 f in summer and - 10c in winter.
::bigsmile:

kenspain

Free Member
May 22, 2009
Funster No

Just lately my Spanish friend said that the 2010 were not that good he sent his back because of many problems but all small just got fed up taking it back 12 times in 5 months but it was a nice van

denzil

Free Member
Oct 23, 2009
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Nov 2009
We have a Benimar Anthus 6000ST which we bought privately in October. It is a 2004 with 53K miles on the clock and we paid £20K for it. We are very pleased with it. Love the layout and have found the quality to be good. Went to the NEC at the weekend and looked at loads of motorhomes just to see what else is out there and decided we love ours ::bigsmile:

They come well kitted out too, which since I'm married to gadget man who likes (sorry needs so he tells me) lots of toys so saved us loads :thumb:

Denise

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years
These all seem to have quite high mileages, ex rental perhaps? Haggle hard on that basis.

matty

Free Member
Mar 2, 2010
Funster No
Hi,

This is my third season as a MH'er, and wish I done it years ago. So not wasting my time to work my way up to the Rolls Royce of Motorhomes...whatever that may be?
I have my eye on a Benimar 6000ST 1998 72,000 on the clock. 2.8TDi engine with a layout that ticks the boxes.

My questions to the collective are:

Benimar 6000ST. Good, Bad, Indifferent. Appreciate is can be subjective, but like to know what you think\heard.

Cost. Its a wheeler dealer who wants 20k but its very tidy inside and been well looked after. Thinking 20k for a 12 year van, is it good value?

Mileage. Currently got a 20 year old van with 49k so bit weary of a 12 year with 72k. Not exactly high mileage for a MH. Also suggest is been used regularly...can be good...could be bad!?!?

Dave and Sylvia

Hi Dave and Sylvia,
Apologies for the intrusion, but I am in the process of selling my Benimar Europe 6000ST. It a 2001 model, done 62K, very good condition inside and out, and with a 12mth MOT. price 16.5K !! Had it fully serviced last august, which included timing belt. You are more than welcome to view if interested.
Again sorry for the intrusion (not sure if its the done thing, I'm new to this).
Matt

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Hi Dave and Sylvia,
Apologies for the intrusion, but I am in the process of selling my Benimar Europe 6000ST. It a 2001 model, done 62K, very good condition inside and out, and with a 12mth MOT. price 16.5K !! Had it fully serviced last august, which included timing belt. You are more than welcome to view if interested.
Again sorry for the intrusion (not sure if its the done thing, I'm new to this).
Matt

There you go, problem sorted. Lower miles and looked after.:winky:

see you on the road soon.:thumb:

Matt you may of been better sending the poster an instant message.:thumb:

OP
OP
Z

zen navigator

Free Member
Mar 27, 2009
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Thanks for all replies and taking the time to advise.

It looks like I've found my MH with the help of Motorhomefun.co.uk.

Got a w\e meet with Matt and hoping to buy his Benimar Europe 6000 ST.

It ticks all the boxes, and at the right price :thumb:

Dave

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back