Ford service (1 Viewer)

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
Apart from the fact that if you dont your warrantys is shot do you think a service at 5k 12 months old is really neccasary from a mechanical point of view or if it wasnt for the warranty issue would leaving it till the 12k service interval and prob 2yrs old suffice.

Not that I am going to leave it because of the afformentioned warranty issues just wondering.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
My last new van was serviced at 12v months with only 1200 miles on the clock,on advice from a mechanic,no connection,to maintain the warranty. It was a short service and cost £120. If it was a delivery vehicle it would probably have up to 30,000mls in the first year,at least.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
In a nut shell used engine oil turns acidic, do you want your big ends sat in acid
12 months is a recomended safe oil change interval unless you are a high milage or extended long life oil user
We have had a few customers with 6 year old vehicles in for a first service because they have low miles, to get the plugs out has been a head of jobby and sump plugs have been a sump off too, so you will pay in the end:RollEyes:
Time is a killer too :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ips

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
In a nut shell used engine oil turns acidic, do you want your big ends sat in acid
12 months is a recomended safe oil change interval unless you are a high milage or extended long life oil user
We have had a few customers with 6 year old vehicles in for a first service because they have low miles, to get the plugs out has been a head of jobby and sump plugs have been a sump off too, so you will pay in the end:RollEyes:
Time is a killer too :Eeek:

Thank you that makes sence I suppose.....and no I dont want my big ends sat in anything thank you ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back