Blind triathelete needing help - overnight stop near Clumber park (1 Viewer)

cellojane

Free Member
Oct 6, 2009
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi Motorhome Fun
I'm hoping someone out there can help us out. My husband is a guide for a blind triathelete who has been selected for the 2010 paratriathalon team. They are due to compete at Clumber park (running and biking) on March 6th (starts 7am) and my husband forgot to book the campsite:cry:which is obviously now full. Is there anyone out there that knows where they can safely park overnight nearby - they will probably arrive around 7-8pm Friday night (5th March). They don't need hook up just a safe place.
Many many thanks for reading.
Do send a private message if approppriate.

Jane
(A newbie (Chausson Flash s3 (6m) - one of the reasons for the van was to get close to race starts:Doh:)

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Have you tried both the campsites ie Caravan Club and Camping & Caravan Club, plus I think there's a campsite in Worksop town centre.

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
In the past we have overnighted at the pullin opposite the A614 entrance to Clumber Park. It can be a popular overnight stay for motorhomes & trucks. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
In the past we have overnighted at the pullin opposite the A614 entrance to Clumber Park. It can be a popular overnight stay for motorhomes & trucks. :Smile:

Dellwood,
If you mean the pull in area with a cafe in it they have stopped trucks parking there overnight, don't know about MH's.
John

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi jane
If you have no joy
We are about 20 mins from Clumber park,It wont be the prettiest site you've been on but your welcome to overnight on our garage forecourt, next to our RV, hook up no problem if you need it, see add on the right for Pecks Hill Garage give me a call if I can help:thumb:
Geo

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Hi jane
If you have no joy
We are about 20 mins from Clumber park,It wont be the prettiest site you've been on but your welcome to overnight on our garage forecourt, next to our RV, hook up no problem if you need it, see add on the right for Pecks Hill Garage give me a call if I can help:thumb:
Geo

excellent, thats why I love being a funster. well done Geo:thumb:

OP
OP
cellojane

cellojane

Free Member
Oct 6, 2009
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Update

Many many thanks for all your help and suggestion especially to Geo for the kind offer of a forecourt space - it was really appreciated and I was about to phone you when Chris managed to get a cancellation at the Caravan Club site. They had said yesterday to phone everyday and I guess he got lucky.
It's good to feel so welcome as a newbi - Thanks again :thumb:.
Jane

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
before they were invented
overnight

just the same as my reply to hanging wire problem,, this just has to be the best site ever,,, WELL JIM,, BET YOU ARE PROUD OF YOUR BUNCH OF ?????!!!!!******* not sure what they are,, BUT PROUD TO BE ONE ,,, THANKS ALL :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Many many thanks for all your help and suggestion especially to Geo for the kind offer of a forecourt space - it was really appreciated and I was about to phone you when Chris managed to get a cancellation at the Caravan Club site. They had said yesterday to phone everyday and I guess he got lucky.
It's good to feel so welcome as a newbi - Thanks again :thumb:.
Jane
AW shucks I was hoping to get a FOR SALE sign on it and take a few deposits while he slept:Doh:
Glad your sorted
Good luck to Team Cellojane and Co:thumb:
Tell us all about it
Geo

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Hi jane
If you have no joy
Geo

Nice one, Geo.
That's what it's about.
John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back