Free Member
Oct 24, 2009
Perth, Scotland
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
30+ years
Anyone have problems with their Truma 6E? Ours worked great for the 8 or so weeks that we have used the van since we got it new last July.
Now:-
1. on either gas or electric, set to provide heat and hot water, after about 10 minutes a very hot smell starts, such that I grabbed an extinguisher and stood over the heater in case of fire! The smell was not a normal 'new' smell ............. and its been used for at least 8 weeks.
2. on max electric setting 1800W (heating only) the hot air output is pathetic. I've checked all ducts are actually connected to heater and its on winter setting ie recirculating air inlet. Hot air output on gas is excellent.
Been checked out by our dealer but they found nothing wrong!
Our confidence in this thing is low.
Arthur

Mastodon

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Funster No
Anyone have problems with their Truma 6E? Ours worked great for the 8 or so weeks that we have used the van since we got it new last July.
Now:-
1. on either gas or electric, set to provide heat and hot water, after about 10 minutes a very hot smell starts, such that I grabbed an extinguisher and stood over the heater in case of fire! The smell was not a normal 'new' smell ............. and its been used for at least 8 weeks.
2. on max electric setting 1800W (heating only) the hot air output is pathetic. I've checked all ducts are actually connected to heater and its on winter setting ie recirculating air inlet. Hot air output on gas is excellent.
Been checked out by our dealer but they found nothing wrong!
Our confidence in this thing is low.
Arthur
Our Truma (not sure of the model) is pretty feeble on mains but rorty on gas. Always makes a 'hot' smell when just doing hot water, apparently this is due to the vent fan only running when the heating is on. I've heard of Truma fitting an auxiliary fan to deal with this.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back