Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
no, not really without more info on the way you use your van. We wildcamp don't use sites ever, so no point for us, with you it may be different.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
hi there yoshi,yes in my opinion it is well worth it.we have used their sites many times and never had a problem.the sites and facilities are excellent and always spotless.good on-line booking and they have a good national rally which we have attended 4 times.i have heard 1or 2 moans about wardens but we have always had good welcomes.:thumb:regards brian jo & josh:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

AuldCodger

Free Member
Nov 25, 2009
?
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
For us, a definite yes.
You are guaranteed excellent facilities, never encountered showers, wc's etc. less than perfect.
Pitch nights not overly expensive and deals available for mid-week.
Well worth a punt for a year to see what you think. :thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
in a word, NO.

However, in more words.
Its a great starting point. But remember you don;t have a caravan. Use your motorhome like a caravan and it will become a drag. Use it like its built for, touring and exploring.
The caravan club has useful CL's but on the whole with some experience you can find plenty of places to stay without the need for joining.

We were members for a few years but have not been members for about 3 years now and never even think about it.

But its up to you about how you use your MH.

Jim the ringleader loves the caravan club and believes it to be ace:whatthe:

kinsleyboy

Free Member
Dec 11, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E560
Exp
Oct 09
We are new to motorhoming and have joined the Caravan Club, used 3 sites in the past month or so and each one has been excellent.
So for us so far it's a YES.:thumb:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Tried it.. was bitterly disappointed and felt all they were interested in was making money .. did not seem to give a foofoo about the members.. never again !

OP
OP
yoshi

yoshi

Free Member
Feb 22, 2010
Gloucester
Funster No
Exp
6 months
Tried it.. was bitterly disappointed and felt all they were interested in was making money .. did not seem to give a foofoo about the members.. never again !

Thanks for that dude........and everybody else's coments

alan1949

Free Member
Sep 11, 2009
Funster No
Caravan club.

just finished in caravan &camping club. Books come in handy but ya can use the sites
if your not a member anyway & there all the same.i FEEL that the sites are getting a
bit pricey now so not bothered where i stop off. hope this helps ya.:thumb:

Aug 9, 2008
Lanner - Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
20 + Years
It all depends on how you want to enjoy your MH if you want to feel safe and packed in with others for company, Join.

Of course not forgetting the MOTORCARAVANNERS CLUB which is different to the other two in that they hold more rallies throughout the country, but dont have any sites.

I belong to MCC & C&CC only. The first for the Rallies and the second for the list of most of the Uk Sites. Also of course dont forget THE BIG SITES GUIDE for those larger vehicles.

Brian

kennygd

Free Member
Dec 1, 2009
Anywhere in the UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Starting out fulltiming
::bigsmile:I am starting out in March and 95% of my time will be in a motorhome and I have joined the Caravan club and the Camping and caravan club mainly because you get a bit of a discount if you are over 60 and the discount outways the site fees over the year, have not used one yet so I can't give a good reference but the coming year will tell.:thumb:
Kennygd

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
None are perfect but we are in the CC and the C&CC which gives us in addition to listed private sites a good choice

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
Can anyone tell me if the caravan club is worth joining :thanks2:
Hi Yoshy.Been a member for 28yrs A DEFINATE 100%. Joined c&cc 18 moths ago but there sites and cls arnt so good this is our view at least. :thumb:
JohnM.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
We are in both clubs not for the main sites but for the 5 van sites, plus they offer additional items like insurance - personal,vehicle,pet at quite competative prices then if you travel abroad or the uk there is the breakdown service both clubs offer which covers you and vehicle and passengers.
If your new to the hobby they will take the stress out of those first european holidays if you use sites rather than aires with bookings and route planning, ferry crossings

dealgan

Free Member
Oct 23, 2007
Donegal, Ireland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2006
Yep, I'll be renewing for my 5th year when it becomes due again.

I like the sites, but then again we never ever wildcamp, so always use a site.

We have 2 small kids, & feel safer on a site, not just at night but also that the kids are safe to run around & play within the site.

I've always found the sites perfect, and most of the wardens pleasent.

Note that not all have a MH service point, which I found strange.

Having said that, I'd say we have only stayed on 4 or 5 UK sites in all :Smile:

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
Worth it for there main sites .................. if you can book :Doh:

Defo worth it for some very nice CL's :thumb:

PS
Never ever get invloved with wardens, I have delegated Mrs ips for ALL dutys regarding booking, going into office paying etc etc etc, The less I have to do with them the better because I have a history of getting into arguments with them (see my other post about to go live) ::bigsmile:

Compass57

Free Member
May 20, 2009
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Low line
Exp
2 years
River around tyres.

I personally wildcamp find that more interesting and satisfying.

Last year on our way up to Scotland we pulled over for the night in a little pull in on a B road with a ford not thirty feet away.
I had parked only five feet away from the river bank, in the night it must have rained rather harder than it was when we arrived, we awoke next morning with water around the tyres of van, that didn’t stop my ‘Partner from cooking me a fry-up for breakfast though, looking out of Van window while dipping me soldiers in me fried egg it felt as if I was on ferry.
The ford could not be crossed next day so we went back the same way as we had arrived.

Bip.:thumb:

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Definitely worth it for us. You know the standard of the site and its facilities will be very good. Never had a problem with wardens. Tried the C & CC for a year but thought the amenities on site ie toilet blocks, were not as good as the CC.

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
Definitely worth it for us. You know the standard of the site and its facilities will be very good. Never had a problem with wardens. Tried the C & CC for a year but thought the amenities on site ie toilet blocks, were not as good as the CC.

I agree with the ablutions facilities being better at the CC sites

If you have never had problems with wardens then you are not trying hard enough :ROFLMAO:

carl65

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
North Shields Tyne & Wear
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
if only for books of site in UK and Europe, good clean sites i am member of both mainly stay on cc sites. if kids are with us worth a punt i think you get a voucher when joining first year so stay a couple of times a year and voucher should not cost much over year as long as you use the sites £36.00 per year and a voucher for a nights stay we got by taken membership out at a show great value

good luck

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
It all depends on how you want to enjoy your MH if you want to feel safe and packed in with others for company, Join.

Of course not forgetting the MOTORCARAVANNERS CLUB which is different to the other two in that they hold more rallies throughout the country, but dont have any sites.

I belong to MCC & C&CC only. The first for the Rallies and the second for the list of most of the Uk Sites. Also of course dont forget THE BIG SITES GUIDE for those larger vehicles.

Brian
the motor caravaners club Do licence CL's even if they don't have their own sites.

mymotorhome

Free Member
Apr 8, 2009
Uplawmoor Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
12 Months
joining caravan club

have been a member for years, mainly down to the fact we had a caravan. I think the membership is worth it, even for the insurance. My Auto-trail insurance was much cheaper than any i could find, thro the caravan club. Also my house insurance is thro the club. They do a red-pennant insurance for overseas, when we broke down in Torrieveja(alicante) they were brillainnt. Also used CL many times and some of them are excellent (stayed in an orchard outside Rye).Before we found this site the caravan club magazine was very good for general travelling tips.:Smile: yes they get my £42.
peter:thumb:

iceni

Free Member
Dec 3, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Lowline Coachbuilt
Exp
27yrs
As others have said it depends on what your lifestyle is.

For me its a definate yes. Reasons are
1. I know I wont have to worry about facilites or whether the pitch will be too close to the bloke next door
2, They are usualy nice and peaceful
3. They have several sites near major towns so you can leave the van and walk into town and have a drink and a meal at lunch.
4. I know i wont be sent into the middle of a field to get stuck.

Thats the main reason we are members.

we are also members of the CCC but rerley use these site as they are often laid out for caravanners more than campers and as there are also a lot of tents on site they are always busy and noisy.

I hope that helps
Phill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back