Computer wizard reqd (1 Viewer)

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
Got a problem with publisher 2007 not working properly OS windows 7
Any tech wizards out there that can assist with online / tel help ?

Randonneur

Free Member
Mar 31, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
4 years
Problems

Try using the program in Compatability mode, this is used for older programs that won't run properly on Windows 7.

I am on a computer at the moment that has Vista so I can't get to give you the instructions, but type in compatability in the search box and it should then come up.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Defo no wizzard but try right clicking on your program -properties- then compatibility then click on whatever you last used the program on -say xp -- windows 2000 etc,
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ips

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
Try using the program in Compatability mode, this is used for older programs that won't run properly on Windows 7.

I am on a computer at the moment that has Vista so I can't get to give you the instructions, but type in compatability in the search box and it should then come up.

done that still doesnt work

OP
OP
ips

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Make sure Windows 7 is not 64bit

Yes it is however 2007 compatability states that its ok ....

dealgan

Free Member
Oct 23, 2007
Donegal, Ireland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2006
2007 compatability may be for 64bit versions of Windows that were available then.
I would guess it doesnt state "Windows 7 64-bit", as it only came out last year, didn't it ?

Have you searched on the MS website - It is (surprisingly) good for problem solving.

Good Luck.

OP
OP
ips

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
2007 compatability may be for 64bit versions of Windows that were available then.
I would guess it doesnt state "Windows 7 64-bit", as it only came out last year, didn't it ?

Have you searched on the MS website - It is (surprisingly) good for problem solving.

Good Luck.

As far as I can tell microsoft website states that it is compatible with win 7
office diagnostic tool doesnt find a problem however compatability states "uncompatible"
Its driving me mad :Angry:

OP
OP
ips

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Just tried running in xp svc pack 2 compatability mode and flashed up "incompatible application"
Bollox..........:Angry:

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

I have Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 and i have just tried it on my Windows 7 Ultimate addition 32bit and it has opened and appears to work fine, i can't comment much more than that, as I have never actually used it fully, but it does open without any problems, if its a specific situation where it doesn't work, let me know and i will try it here ?

Hope that helps, it may just need reinstalling.

Sorry just read you are using the 2007 version, I would have thought that would have had more likelihood of working than the 2003 version, is you version legal only I have read somewhere that Microsoft download a file checker type program for checking genuine software

OP
OP
ips

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Yes its a genuine pub 2007 downloaded with bachup disc (through the post) direct from microsoft for the grand sum of 149 english pounds and it doesnt work......:Angry:
Must not be compatible with win 7 even though there site says it is my pc says its not.
I HATE COMPUTERS..................

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

That's bl**dy annoying, just another thought are you having any problems with the other programs, could it be more a problem with your version of win 7 rather than your copy of Publisher, have you run a virus and malware scan just in case, and if that doesn't work try reinstalling Win 7 as perhaps one of its files has been corrupted somehow. You could also try, if you haven't already, reinstalling Publisher.

Yes its a genuine pub 2007 downloaded with bachup disc (through the post) direct from microsoft for the grand sum of 149 english pounds and it doesnt work......:Angry:
Must not be compatible with win 7 even though there site says it is my pc says its not.
I HATE COMPUTERS..................

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Try running all the updates for 7, I had a couple of apps that would not work, ran the updates and all is now well.

OP
OP
ips

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Good point , yes I have reinstalled publisher to no avail. Win 7 was a free online upgrade with my new "Vista" pc so no disc. Running microsofts free spyware/virus program and no probs recorded with that.
Obviously just is not compatible so money down the drain....hey ho "its only money"

OP
OP
ips

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Try running all the updates for 7, I had a couple of apps that would not work, ran the updates and all is now well.

Thanks I will give it a go however I think auto updates will have done it allready.

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
It really should work as I installed 2003 publisher on my new windows 7 64bit pc and works fine so as someone else said the 2007 publisher is newer and should work.
Strange:whatthe:
Sorry not much help I know but don't give up yet

OP
OP
ips

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
It really should work as I installed 2003 publisher on my new windows 7 64bit pc and works fine so as someone else said the 2007 publisher is newer and should work.
Strange:whatthe:
Sorry not much help I know but don't give up yet

yes it is strange and its getting on my T*** now. ::bigsmile:

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
see here Link Removed says compatible "as is"
Sorry still not much help !

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
You say that it is a puka version of office 2007 but how old is it? Since office 2007 was released there have been 2 service packs added do these need to be installed to bring it up to the latest issue? The compatibility site says that Version 12 is compatible with Win7 what version do you have installed?

lunarman

OP
OP
ips

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
You say that it is a puka version of office 2007 but how old is it? Since office 2007 was released there have been 2 service packs added do these need to be installed to bring it up to the latest issue? The compatibility site says that Version 12 is compatible with Win7 what version do you have installed?

lunarman

Disc just says version 2007 and I have uninstalled it now so cant look at propertys must have been recent cos only downloaded last week and did the upgrade service pack as well.
Interested to know if anyone else is running it ok with win 7

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, Don't give up yet, can you remember exactly what it wasn't doing, and what the message said that told you it wasn't working ?

OP
OP
ips

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Firstly on trying to open a saved pub doc it popps up with a "user account control" do you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer.

then when you click yes it has a very strange "usage" extract path, extract the content of the package to the path folder/runs the package in silent mode/shows this help message.

Cant open saved pub docs unless you open "publisher" 1st then browse and even then the user account thing popps up 1st.

saved pub docs say its a pub doc in propertys however there is no pub icon on the file.

:Doh:

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
There is a utility in Microsoft office tools to diagnose problems with office programs. Did you run it? If not why not try re-installing publisher and try the diagnostic it may give you the answer.

Lunarman

OP
OP
ips

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
There is a utility in Microsoft office tools to diagnose problems with office programs. Did you run it? If not why not try re-installing publisher and try the diagnostic it may give you the answer.

Lunarman

Thanks but done that and it said "Incompatible" microsoft website said it was though hence the conflicting opinion which does not help.

OP
OP
ips

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
What version is Publisher - vista ?

Are you using 64bit version of 7?

Version 2007
yes 64 bit win 7 however its sposed to be compatible with 64 or 32

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back