Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
cossington leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi folks

Touring the west coast of France and along the Pyrenees up to Mont Dore this year at the end of august and part of sept
In fact back to blity on the 19 sept (25 days in all) any body done it and any tips please

regards to all

Bern

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Sort-of planning on going in a giant oblong you mean?

Well we've been near the Puy de Dome area a bit, but not via your way!! LOL

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Hi Bern, we have done so severall times without ever getting far enough. We have to go in the school holidays and this can prove difficlut in finding aires that are not full or Camp-sites that dont charge by the hairs on your legs.

The West coast of France is my favourite with the most wonderful sunsets and greatest beaches in Europe. There is great surf on the west coast, and there are some cracking aire's to sample. We don't generally go further North than La Rochelle (although we have been) prefering to go down as far as Biaritz. We have explored Andora and the Pyranees and that can be truly spectacular if not a little chilly at night. :shout:

I have always found the people of the west of France very welcoming even though many consider themselves not French at all (allegedly).

teensvan

Free Member
Jul 25, 2009
Fulltime in Motorhome
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
:Smile: Hi.

The west coast is a wonderful trip down the coast. There are 100s of aires to use. To many for me to list that we have used. Have a good trip. If you have the time just aires hop as we do.

steve & ann. --------------- teensvan

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Hi Bern, we have done so severall times without ever getting far enough. We have to go in the school holidays and this can prove difficlut in finding aires that are not full or Camp-sites that dont charge by the hairs on your legs.

The West coast of France is my favourite with the most wonderful sunsets and greatest beaches in Europe. There is great surf on the west coast, and there are some cracking aire's to sample. We don't generally go further North than La Rochelle (although we have been) prefering to go down as far as Biaritz. We have explored Andora and the Pyranees and that can be truly spectacular if not a little chilly at night. :shout:

I have always found the people of the west of France very welcoming even though many consider themselves not French at all (allegedly).

Wow Haganap! This just sounds so tempting. We are off in May for the first time and that is going to be out direction, although Normandy/Brittany sounds tempting too. Then again, with six weeks we should be able to do all those areas. What about the Millau Bridge to Spain, I've heard that is well worth the trip?

Ivy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Wow Haganap! This just sounds so tempting. We are off in May for the first time and that is going to be out direction, although Normandy/Brittany sounds tempting too. Then again, with six weeks we should be able to do all those areas. What about the Millau Bridge to Spain, I've heard that is well worth the trip?

Ivy

Yep, done a bit of the Millau area too. Another wonderful part of France. However not keen on the run to Spain as it gets really busy down the Med. In fact we stayed on a site in the med after Millau and was told not to hang our designer underwear out because it would get stolen? :ROFLMAO:
Not my cup of tea.

However the Tarn gorges around Millau are fantastic. You all have an advantage over us though. We have to go during school holidays as we have kids at school. It can get very very busy in these times, making the area too stressful. Try and avoid the holiday times to make the most of it. Lovely sites at millau on the river and very cheaply priced, but not as cheap as the Aire up by the Kayak run:winky: enjoy.

dragabed

Free Member
Apr 15, 2009
Funster No
we have also done this trip many times 25 days is just about enough time but you will not be staying long in the nice places you will discover on your way down. the first time we did it 35 years ago we onlly got south of la rochelle to royan there was just to many places for the kids to enjoy themselves so we were hooked and have been going back every year since at least 4 times a year now without the kids and going and stopping when and where the fancy takes us and i can t say we have ever not gon to la rochelle we love it but there are hundreds of other nice places as well give us an idea of tour rout and i am sure you will be unindated with replies a little tip if you are using aires at that time of the year get there in plenty of time and allways have an alternitive to go to as quite ofton they will be full also hav e a look at france passion scheme you may enjoy it
have an enjoyable trip
dragabed

OP
OP
B

bern

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
cossington leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A class