Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
Gordon Brown was visiting a primary school.

In one class they were in the middle of a discussion related to words and their meanings.

The teacher asked Mr. Brown if he would like to lead the discussion on the word 'tragedy'. So the illustrious leader asked the class for an example of a tragedy. A little boy stood up and offered:

'If my best friend, who lives on a farm, is playing in the field & a tractor runs over him and kills him, that would be a tragedy'.

' No, said Gordon - that would be an accident'.

A little girl raised her hand: 'If a school bus carrying fifty children drove over a cliff, killing everyone inside, that would be a tragedy'.

'I'm afraid not,' explained Gordon, 'that's what we would call great loss'.

The room went silent. No other children volunteered. Gordon searched the room. 'Isn't there someone here who can give me an example of a tragedy?'.

Finally, at the back of the room, little Johnny raised his hand. In a quiet voice he said 'If a plane carrying you and Mr. Darling was struck by a 'friendly fire' missile & blown to smithereens, that would be a tragedy'.

'Fantastic!' exclaimed Gordon. 'That's right. And can you tell me why that would be tragedy?'.

>
>
>

>
>
>

>
>
>

>
>
>

'Well,' says little Johnny 'it has to be a tragedy, because it certainly wouldn't be a great loss and it probably wouldn't be a bloody accident either'

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Tragedy

1. A song by the Bee Gees :Smile:

2. An American punk rock band. :Smile:

3. Labour losing the general election :cry:

4. Tories winning the election .. that will be a lot more than a tragedy .. :Sad:

bazfergy

Free Member
Apr 20, 2009
dumfries scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years
Tragedy

1. A song by the Bee Gees :Smile:

2. An American punk rock band. :Smile:

3. Labour losing the general election :cry:

4. Tories winning the election .. that will be a lot more than a tragedy .. :Sad:

Living in Scotland:,number 4 would be disastorous:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
It will be good riddance to Brown and his band of robbers . B_liar and his thieves have been the trajedy for England
Wanderer

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back