Aug 4, 2009
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Less Than 1 Year
Woke up this morning......

Stinking hangover, man flu, crap weather, cut myself shaving......

Went downstairs, wife has signed for a letter from Italy, fascinating thinks I, but no, 42 euro fine for driving in a restricted street in Florence 6 months ago.

Can they do this ?????????????????????? :Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry:

kenspain

Free Member
May 22, 2009
Funster No

Went downstairs, wife has signed for a letter from Italy, fascinating thinks I, but no, 42 euro fine for driving in a restricted street in Florence 6 months ago.

Can they do this ?????????????????????? :Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry:

I think they can when my son came over to see me 6 months ago he got a fine for parking and got the letter Friday to pay 50 euro,s Plus 40 euros for not paying it in 30days he put it in his file the bin

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years

Were you actually driving in a restricted zone?

JJ

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S

SmellyFeet

Free Member
Aug 4, 2009
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Less Than 1 Year
Who knows, Florence is a nightmare to drive in, a lot of the the signs are incomprehensible, and this was six months ago.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
A similar question on Honest John

In May 2008 I was on holiday in Florence, Italy, and hired a car. Before leaving the airport I asked Avis staff for directions to Siena. Six months later I received a letter from the Florence police saying that I had driven in an unauthorised area and had to pay a €63 fine. There was no evidence to substantiate the allegation and I chose to ignore the accusation. Was that wise?

Answer Here

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I think they can when my son came over to see me 6 months ago he got a fine for parking and got the letter Friday to pay 50 euro,s Plus 40 euros for not paying it in 30days he put it in his file the bin

i haven't read Jim's reply yet but i think i know what it is....

hope your son doesn't visit often and never gets stopped while there...he'll get a nasty shock.

edit...just read it (Jim's)and it wasn't what i thought....

i believe they have the power to issue tickets to foreigners after they have left the country and do follow them up...if your son gets stopped in Spain in the same vehicle he may well have the outstanding fine to pay as well as any others,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004

Will you pay it ?

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
before they were invented
fines

i have a part time job with a major car park company, based in a national supermaket chain, our machines have a tick box for overseas registrations, the company also has the licience to contact d v l a, for names and address, to claim payments, d v l a, it appears make a fortune selling this info,,, , but then it would, they have sold thousands of details to other people,, got a letter, advert, sales bumff and wondered how they got your details,, especialy motor insurance,,, if somenoe bumps your vehicle and runs, but you have the reg , you can do it as well, easier via a solicitor, but you can,,,,
well thats a first,, froghopper knows summat useful, :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back