Are LHD and RHD van parts compatible? (1 Viewer)

FrCrilly

Free Member
Mar 16, 2008
Funster No
Hi All,

I’m thinking of buying a left hand drive Ford Transit Motorhome. Just a query, are dismantled parts for a right hand drive Ford Transit compatible with those of a left hand drive. I’m concerned that all parts will be mirror imagined and hence many may not compatible.

Any help with the above will be greatly appreciated. Thanks In Advance for all responses.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi All,

I’m thinking of buying a left hand drive Ford Transit Motorhome. Just a query, are dismantled parts for a right hand drive Ford Transit compatible with those of a left hand drive. I’m concerned that all parts will be mirror imagined and hence many may not compatible.

Any help with the above will be greatly appreciated. Thanks In Advance for all responses.
Ther will be many parts that will be LHD only. and not all conected with the steering,
a comprehensive list is not possible
However the vast majority will be generic and suit both LHD and RHD
the main ares for concern will be steering obviously but a few engine and bulkhead mounted componants too
If we can keep all the Yank RVs on the road a LHD Ford Transit should be relitivley simple:thumb:
Geo

bevo

Free Member
Nov 15, 2008
north west
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
lhd

in my humble opinion.
all the parts under the bonnet and along the chassis will be more or less the same just in different places.
and as geo says the difference will be in the steering column where things can get complicated.
but any good mechanic would have no problem whatsoever.
if it's a good buy don't be afraid.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back