Tyre Inflators (1 Viewer)

T

Tammy

Deleted User
Have Hobby 750 ELC tag and cannot get into local garages to check and inflate its tyres.. Have tried 12V (ciggie lighter) compressor from Argos range which has been a waste of money. Michelin state theirs might not do job. Will a normal barrel footpump do the job or can anyone recommend anything else that will do?

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
I managed to find a portable tyre inflator some years ago, suitable for large 4x4 tyres / van/ small truck tyres - it is suitable for most motorhomes. 4x4 accessory dealers keep them - probably cost about £70-£80, can't remember exact amount now. The small ones are a waste of time and money.The one I bought was a USA import.

You could also try pulling into the HGV lane at service stations - some of them have air compressors in the pump lanes, we have one such one local to us.

:Smile:

Laurie

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Have Hobby 750 ELC tag and cannot get into local garages to check and inflate its tyres.. Have tried 12V (ciggie lighter) compressor from Argos range which has been a waste of money. Michelin state theirs might not do job. Will a normal barrel footpump do the job or can anyone recommend anything else that will do?

Hi Tammy.

I have the same problem.

I do use a 12v compressor but due to the nature of the valve alignment on the rear wheels, have to crawl under the RV to get to the valve stems.

In my opinion it is better than fitting valve extenders and unbalancing the wheels.60 psi no problem.

Just pick a dry day to do it .::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

hi tammy,
as you have found out, 12v mini compressors dont work. only designed to run for 10mins then must cool down. the wont blow up a beach ball in that time. :ROFLMAO:
a foot pump will do the job but how fit are you...........takes ages. :Eeek:
sounds like your best bet is drive (slow and steady if a BIT flat) to a tesco/asda/sainsbury filling station. it my cost a few pennies in the machine but soooooo much easier. the gauges MUST be calibrated to a schedule as well so you know its going to be near accurate.:thumb:
its worth buying your own,quality, pressure gauge and keeping it in the van but make sure you get one which reads the pressures you need, cheap car types dont read high enough.
cant remember where i got mine but its 2.5" round with the nozzle out the side and reads to 100psi.
john.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
After burning out a few ordinary electric inflater's got this one and it work well:winky:

Link Removed

Does the business on my RV:thumb:

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
In my opinion it is better than fitting valve extenders and unbalancing the wheels

Hi,

We had the valve extenders fit to our last RV and are considering having them on our current one.

We didn't notice any detrimental effect. What are the potential problems of having them?

Thanks
Bryan

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I managed to find a portable tyre inflator some years ago, suitable for large 4x4 tyres / van/ small truck tyres - it is suitable for most motorhomes. 4x4 accessory dealers keep them - probably cost about £70-£80, can't remember exact amount now. The small ones are a waste of time and money.The one I bought was a USA import.

You could also try pulling into the HGV lane at service stations - some of them have air compressors in the pump lanes, we have one such one local to us.

:Smile:

Laurie

i bought mine at ALDI a couple of years ago. runs at 80psi with an 8ltr reciever tank. twin air outlets and independant regulators so you can even use it for airbrush work.
portable on wheels, a little larger than the size of a honda genny. gets a lot of use powering air tools but 65psi in tyres in no time. cost around £80 but its paid for itself in time saved in my workshop.:thumb:
ALDI must be ready for a re-run on these.

john.

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi,

We had the valve extenders fit to our last RV and are considering having them on our current one.

We didn't notice any detrimental effect. What are the potential problems of having them?

Thanks
Bryan

Interesting.

Might consider them then.

Just thought that as the wheels were already balanced, would have to rebalance them if I fitted them.

The inner rears being heavier than the 180 degree opposed outer rears.If that makes sense.

Keith and Debs

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
In Our RV
Funster No
MH
Fifth Wheel
Exp
3 Years
This one is a 12 volt tyre inflator and i can say from personal experience it works, we have one, and it has been used over the last couple of years and is still going strong.
it was used on a regular basis a little while ago when one of our valve extenders developed a slow leak. we have an RV.
It even managed to inflate a friends RV tyre from flat without needing to rest for a cooldown..
Link Removed

Keith and Debs.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
This one is a 12 volt tyre inflator and i can say from personal experience it works, we have one, and it has been used over the last couple of years and is still going strong.
it was used on a regular basis a little while ago when one of our valve extenders developed a slow leak. we have an RV.
It even managed to inflate a friends RV tyre from flat without needing to rest for a cooldown..
Link Removed

Keith and Debs.

I've got this one as well works really well on the RV tyres and airbags no problems with it so far

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back