Free Member
Nov 25, 2009
?
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Ok I admit I seem to get grumpier as the years go by but - have just spent a few days on a lovely C.C.Site, immaculate site with welcoming and friendly wardens.
Here it comes - a really pleasant Saturday in glorious sunshine, long walk, hot shower, a special pre St. V. meal and a couple of glasses of rather nice vin rouge.
Turn in for the night , conscious of rain throughout the night so by eight in the morning with the rain still pouring down but the heating is on and as snug as the proverbial bug decide to doze off for a wee while longer but no, Mr Warden decides that the site is far to quiet, what can he do ? of course the mini tractor, a couple of laps of the site should get all these lazy s-----s up and about.
Please someone say its not just me !
:Smile:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Ok I admit I seem to get grumpier as the years go by but - have just spent a few days on a lovely C.C.Site, immaculate site with welcoming and friendly wardens.
Here it comes - a really pleasant Saturday in glorious sunshine, long walk, hot shower, a special pre St. V. meal and a couple of glasses of rather nice vin rouge.
Turn in for the night , conscious of rain throughout the night so by eight in the morning with the rain still pouring down but the heating is on and as snug as the proverbial bug decide to doze off for a wee while longer but no, Mr Warden decides that the site is far to quiet, what can he do ? of course the mini tractor, a couple of laps of the site should get all these lazy s-----s up and about.
Please someone say its not just me !

Be deaf like me!

Peter

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
AARHH yew cant beat the sound of a John Deere ride on ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
>>>
icon1.gif
Is It ME ?

The answer is invariably YES.

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
Next you'll be complaining the grass is too long and why hasn't someone swept up the leaves :ROFLMAO:

Been admiring the wardens at Abbey Wood over the past few weeks. However, freezing the weather they're out everyday (the tractors an orange Kubota) emptying the bins, checking and cleaning the water and waste disposal, marking up those taps that ae frozen, operating the snow plough, making sure the toilet and shower facilities are spotless and then when possible spending the rest of the day sweeping and collecting leaves until the sun goes down as well as dealing with the punters in the office. Rather them than me.

Keith

OP
OP
A

AuldCodger

Free Member
Nov 25, 2009
?
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Thanks Guys,
Will sleep sound tonight, safe in the knowledge that I am as I have suspected for some time - a grumpy old git.
Cheers ! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If you think that's bad, go on some of the aires in France where some sadistic s*ds in the waste department obviously think it's great to send in the bin men at 6.00 am and they are NOT quiet either!!!!:Angry:

OP
OP
A

AuldCodger

Free Member
Nov 25, 2009
?
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
If you think that's bad, go on some of the aires in France where some sadistic s*ds in the waste department obviously think it's great to send in the bin men at 6.00 am and they are NOT quiet either!!!!:Angry:

Aye,
That's these grumpy "Johnny Foreigners" for you.

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
Dont get me started on wardens :ROFLMAO:

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.

When we lived in Spain (Vigo, Galicia) the bin men and bottle collectors came round at 0230 and 0330. :Doh:
Quiet? No entiendamos = CRASH BANG REV REV and that was just the bin men. You then had to love the sound of breaking glass about an hour later.

Preceded by all of this (about 0100) was the merry sounds of students being turfed out the bars, singing, joking, Flamenco clapping.

Got used to it after a few weeks, but sleep did not exist before 4a.m. at first.

John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back