toilet paper tissue (1 Viewer)

N

Nobody

Deleted User
new to moterhome toilet paper tissues as recommended is expensive compared to normal household ones are they really necessary or is there alternatives

ubuntu1

Free Member
Feb 13, 2008
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2006
Toilet paper

You will find the proper paper breaks down much faster in the toilet cassette. Some of the cheap supermarket home brand seems to break down just as quickly.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Strangely enough the Toilet paper is no dearer than supermarkets!

Blue Diamond £1-16 a pack of two and Fiamma £3-50p for a pack of 6 rolls

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
we use whatever we have in the house when we pack the van....

one to aviod....but does make good tracing paper for the kids. :ROFLMAO:

Link Removed

cant understand some folks...:Eeek:

Express Review on Izal Medicated Strong Toilet Paper
by jon - written on 19/06/09
Rating: Link Removed I have used Izal all my life and would never from choice use any other. One of the main advantages is its strength. So many brands have little strength if the paper is even slightly wet, with the result that one's fingers penetrate the sheet and become contaminated with faeces. This fact combined with less than perfect hand-washing may well be the cause of some outbreaks of food poisoning.
The lavatories in our home have two toilet roll holders to cater for visitors for whom Izal is not their first choice.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
IZAL stinks & I seem to remember that paper cuts were a distinct possibility ::bigsmile:
Takes me back to freezing cold outside loos at my Grand Parents, using torn up newspaper because the IZAL was too expensive !:RollEyes:::bigsmile:

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
Either should go down well as rest-room stationery as our American cousins know it, but never be misled by so called wet-and-dry. That does little for your comfort.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Strangely enough the Toilet paper is no dearer than supermarkets!

Blue Diamond £1-16 a pack of two and Fiamma £3-50p for a pack of 6 rolls

Peter

Asda have Andrex loo roll 12 rolls for £4 at the moment .
Nice n strong and soft on the bum too.
Bargain.
Bev

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
Don't see what's wrong with newspaper cut into convenient squares :RollEyes: in fact it's all most newspapers are good for :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

We just use the same type of stuff as we use at home, as somebody is the designated loo emptier I can't see any difference in any of the normal types of toilet roll they all break down easily (not that I make a great point of examining the contents but you have to look to avoid spillages.) :Blush:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
I believe that the choice of paper type is more important in the American type of loo when you use a macerator as it finds it easier to 'mash & pump' if it is not the strong imbossed type.
We use the cheapest Tesco paper and it works for us.
Wet-wipes are definatly a no-no, they will not disolve!!:cry::Doh:
Nigel

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We used to have the 'proper' stuff but it was expensive and not very user friendly being that it used to start to disintegrate at the thought of you using it for it's intended purpose!:whatthe:

We now use whatever we've got at home. If you want to use something that breaks down a bit quicker though, some of the economy ranges are better than the 'softer' type of stuff. I would suggest avoiding the 'aloe vera' treated toilet roll - it's horrible stuff! The only good use I've found for this is when I had a rotten cold and the aloe vera stopped my nose getting sore from all the nose blowing!!!

I think abroad you have to be a bit more careful on which type of toilet tissue you use at some of the campsites.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
single sheet usage.

take one sheet of toilet paper.....fold in half, corner to corner diagonally.

fold once more along the long edge in the same manner.

now, on point where the two creases overlap tear off a small portion of the corner and place the small piece to one side then open the sheet out flat.

insert one finger through the hole in the center up to the second knuckle and wipe ass with finger.

fold paper over soiled finger and firmly grasp while removing finger from paper with a twisting movement.

take the small triangle of paper removed at step three and clean under finger nail.....

easy innit ???

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

finby

Free Member
Oct 3, 2007
norfolk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
about 8
We use any supermarket brand, and have never had any problems at all................................and I too remember Izal (I think it was called Bronco in Ireland when I was a kid). It was shiny stuff. You had to scrunch it up and then open it out again to get some traction::bigsmile: If you didnt do this, it was totally uncontrollable::bigsmile: And it was definately non biodegradable (that word had'nt been invented then). Those were the days eh!

bazfergy

Free Member
Apr 20, 2009
dumfries scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years
Lidl does a great paper that's cheap and dissolves very fast,some times to fast,then pappajons idea takes over!!!!!!:thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I spent years using toilet paper that had "Government property" stamped on every single sheet. For those of you lucky enough to be unfamiliar with this stuff, it sort of resembled rolls of greaseproof paper, it was more "spread" than "wipe" and if you creased it, the paper cuts were deep! I found that when I left the Army the desire to never use paper like that again had a profound effect on me and for 20 years I was unable to buy anything but the "most expensive" triple ply, quilted pocketed, velvet, Labrador puppy soft paper. It became an addiction. I spent an absolute fortune on my habit.

That was until we bought a Macerator!!

Knowing how good quality paper can jam a macerator we carried out the disintegration test and popped a sheet or two in a glass of water to see how it dissolved, it didn't. The weave so designed to give softness and the strength to prevent a finger penetrating; held fast. Only the cheapest "happy shopper" toilet tissue dissolved quickly so we stocked the motorhome with it. I was devastated, I would even take my "comfy bum" with me to the best hotels, and here in my own Motorhome I was having to make do with the Happy Shopper single ply. A strange thing happened. I got used to it. It did a good job. We now never use anything else.

So for all you people out there paying almost 5 times as much as I am for your comfy bum, don't panic, all is not lost, you can wean yourself off this very expensive addiction. If i did it, anyone can:Smile:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
SWMBO will only use Andrex or Charmin both at home and in the van.Charmin comes on offer periodically in Netto @ £6 for 24 rolls so we have about 5 / 8 packs always in storage in the garage ( hope no mice or rats take a fancy to them ) plus at least 1 pack (24 rolls ) in the van :ROFLMAO:
I reckon I use personally 1 or 2 rolls per week but SWMBO uses 2 or3 per day :Doh: then again I am a folder and she is a grab and scrucher :ROFLMAO:
terry
BTW no problem with either in the cassette :ROFLMAO:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
After years at school with BRONCO paper last year I allowed myself one luxury in my simple life... expensive toilet paper...

JJ

No problems with cheap or overpriced paper in my porta potty...

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
"comfy bum"

Somehow, I cannot seem to reconcile our great bear of a leader going to the little boys room with his pockets stuffed full of "comfy bum". :Eeek:

Jim, I shall never look at you the same way again! :Doh:

In any case, I thought that is why the Sun and the Mirror were sold to the 'lower' classes - very nice when torn into 12 x 6 oblongs. :Wacko:

wkdtroll

Free Member
Jul 29, 2008
North Wales
Funster No
MH
VW T5 Conversion
Exp
7 years
You will find the proper paper breaks down much faster in the toilet cassette. Some of the cheap supermarket home brand seems to break down just as quickly.

Better than it breaking down in your hand!!!:Eeek::Eeek::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back