LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Does anyone have a POI file for Garmin units for Spain ?
I know GPS's are a no no in Spain but I expect if it is not in the cab this will not be an issue..

Are there the equivelent of Aires or Stellapatz in Spain ?

Spain is all a bit of a mystery to me ! Been all over Europe but never there... Woman has decided I will NOT get my own way this year and we WILL NO LONGER avoid the place, so need all the help I can get !! ::bigsmile:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Does anyone have a POI file for Garmin units for Spain ????
I know GPS's are a no no in Spain(???) but I expect if it is not in the cab this will not be an issue..

Are there the equivelent of Aires or Stellapatz in Spain ? They both have aires & Vicarious books sell a book with some identified.

Spain is all a bit of a mystery to me ! Been all over Europe but never there... Woman has decided I will NOT get my own way this year and we WILL NO LONGER avoid the place, so need all the help I can get !! ::bigsmile:

Not sure where you got some of your info from but maybe you can explain exactly what you are asking on line 1. :RollEyes:

For info on aires look HERE

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
POI .. Points Of Interest..

Used Aires, used Stellaplatz, missed out on the Italian version ( whose name eludes me ) but know sweet fa about Spain and the set up there

Re Vicarious Books..
Not for me thanks ! But all that is on another thread :Smile:

Oh and where I get my info from ?
From the several dozen people I know who live and work there in the automotive industry..

And yes, I am sure loads and loads of folk never ever have an issue with using a GPS, or a fone in england or an A bomb or whatever.. But I know MY luck !! ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
POI .. Points Of Interest..

Used Aires, used Stellaplatz, missed out on the Italian version ( whose name eludes me ) but know sweet fa about Spain and the set up there Very similar to France & Germany, & use the same signs. ::bigsmile:

Re Vicarious Books..
Not for me thanks ! But all that is on another thread :Smile:
Use the link I put in my last post to find the ones you want without resorting to them

Oh and where I get my info from ?
From the several dozen people I know who live and work there in the automotive industry..
Are the Spanish different to the rest of Europe? Would they not fit a GPS to the top of the range cars in Spain?

And yes, I am sure loads and loads of folk never ever have an issue with using a GPS, or a fone in england or an A bomb or whatever.. But I know MY luck !! ::bigsmile:

I have a Garmin & many POI's are on there already. Try pocketgpsworld.com for other ones available for Garmin GPS's. :thumb:

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Cheers Keith :thumb: I will give it a wizz !

Ref GPS in Spain
Buy a new car and before you take delivery the dealer will remove the fuse to the GPS unit ( at least the Merc ones do cannot speak for others )
Dealer will then hand you the fuse and give careful instructions how NOT to fit it back in to x slot etc etc :Smile:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back