Crystal Palace CC Site (1 Viewer)

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
We're off to London next week, staying at the Crystal Palace site, to do a bit of sight-seeing and for a family event. What's the best way to get into the city from the site?

Rgds
Bill

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
We're off to London next week, staying at the Crystal Palace site, to do a bit of sight-seeing and for a family event. What's the best way to get into the city from the site?

Rgds
Bill

Looooooong time since we stayed there, but I'm 99% certain that there is a bus stop right outside the gate. I remember that we had no probs at all.

jelzz

Free Member
Jan 22, 2010
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Bill, Easiest way was to get the bus across the road from the site....Takes about an hr to get into London but the bus fare was really cheap !!! The wardens were reallly helpful and will give you all the information..
Enjoy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Fatalhud

Free Member
Nov 26, 2009
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
19 Years on and off
Hi
cheapest way was to walk to the paper shop opposite the Bus terminal and buy a day pass for less than a fiver
This lets you jump on and off normal buses all day

Alan H

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi
cheapest way was to walk to the paper shop opposite the Bus terminal and buy a day pass for less than a fiver

Alan H

Or better still, wait until yor old and go free.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Get a One Day Travel card which can be used on buses, underground and overground train services and the Docklands Light Railway. Price varies dependant on which zones you will be travelling through, have a look on the Transport for London website.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
As previously stated, the best option is a bus card from the newsagents just up the road. It takes about an hour into the City. If I remember correctly it's the number 3 bus route.
The first time we went we arrived after dark and as it was late I just tried the TV without messing about with the aerial and was pleasantly surprised to get a great picture. Next morning it became obnvious why. We were about 40 yards from the Crystal Palace transmitter!.
The down side to this was that the mover fitted to our trailer would'nt work because of interference.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
How far away from this site is the train station into central london

Jim
:Smile:

Last edited:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Hi

Alan H

Get a One Day Travel card which can be used on buses, underground and overground train services and the Docklands Light Railway. Price varies dependant on which zones you will be travelling through, have a look on the Transport for London website.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/

Deffinately the bset way. Come out the main Gate and turn Left, walk a few hundred meters and you come to the bus station and you can get yourself a day roamer card. You could and should get the full day permit to include the tube. Get to Brixton on the bus, get off and jump on the tube.

How far away from this site is the train station into central london

Jim
:Smile:

Not far from the Tube station, depending where you want to go, also there is numerous rail stations close by.

People, if you go there, make sure you go and see the greatest attraction of all time. Just about 3 miles away is the world famous church of haganap. This is the place that I go to do my preaching whenever time and finances allow. You may know it better as Selhurst Park, home of Crystal palace FC. :thumb:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
I used to live there and I'm sure the buses were either the 53 or the 137 right outside the gate. Have a lovely time.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980

Remember being there in the 80's at a night match when CP were in the old 1st Division. CPFC Vs EFC. CP won it, think it was 2-1. :cry:

Jim
:winky:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi we have been there twice, and are going again in October for the remembrance parade, the number 3 bus just to the left of the camp takes you straight i to the centre, you can buy the bus passes just past the stop at the tobacconists, or if over 60 your free pass is valid. Pete :thumb::thumb:

Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
We are going to Alexandra Palace in 3 weeks, would this site be suitable for us to be able to get there? Or does anyone know of a site more suitable.

Thanks Dale

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We are going to Alexandra Palace in 3 weeks, would this site be suitable for us to be able to get there? Or does anyone know of a site more suitable.

Thanks Dale

Crystal Palace is South London whereas Alexandra Palace is North London.
The CC site at Abbey Wood may be more suitable for your needs. Others may be better qualified to answer as I have not visited either site.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back