Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Bare with me Guys, cos a/ I'm a self confessed Luddite and b/ this infor is second hand!:winky:

Mum & Dad now live in Spain. They use Yahoo for e-mails etc. Now, unlike me, who has Yahoo.co.uk for my e-mail, they have Yahoo.com.
You're with me so far?:Cool:

The other day, as Mum logged in to Yahoo for her e-mails (remember dot COM) , she got a flash message saying, "do you want to use "DOT es" instead, cos it'll be quicker.
Mum, being and even bigger Luddite than me thinks, Oh yes, we'll have some of that!", not realising that the pages would now be loaded in Spanish!:ROFLMAO:

Question is, how does she get back to how it was before, ie ENGLISH pages.

Ta::bigsmile:

kenspain

Free Member
May 22, 2009
Funster No
When this happend to me i just went to restore and it can back to English but i dont know to much about computers hope this helps your mum out:Smile:

OP
OP
zaskar

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
When this happend to me i just went to restore and it can back to English but i dont know to much about computers hope this helps your mum out:Smile:

Could you explain this further please Ken, cos I dont understand.:Doh:
HOW, did you go to restore?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
just retype in yahoo.com and when it loads it should ask if you want it as your default page
like it did with the spannish one

OP
OP
zaskar

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
just retype in yahoo.com and when it loads it should ask if you want it as your default page
like it did with the spannish one

Thanks Maggie! Yeah, it might, but if it is, its doing it in flippin' Spanish!............and I dont speak flippin' Spanish, do I !:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
zaskar

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Sussed it thanks Guys.
Took a while, wish I wasn't such a Luddite, but Cette La Vie, we're OK now::bigsmile:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
I dont know paul what you like, .com, and .co.uk would load in english

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Cool: I'm in SPAIN most of the time and just log onto yahoo.co.uk - In the old days there used to be a list at the bottom of the Yahoo opening page to select WHICH Yahoo you wanted. NOW, there is just the choice at the top left to select the Spanish flag for the Spanish version of Yahoo. STILL used yahoo.co.uk when in the USA with NO problems. :thumb:

Phil

Free Member
Oct 21, 2007
Herts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
10 years
I use the UK version all over Europe. What I have noticed though is that all the adverts at the side come up in the language of whatever country I happen to be in at the time.

When I get home I then start getting emails in German or French etc. So somehow they pick up my email address and add it to their database.

Phil.

wkdtroll

Free Member
Jul 29, 2008
North Wales
Funster No
MH
VW T5 Conversion
Exp
7 years
Yahoo is known to be one of the worst offenders for 'stealing' your details whilst logged on and then bombarding you with dodgy emails! Tip: scrap Yahoo and use MS (Hotmail) or Google (GMail).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back