Sostas and Northern Italy Guide (1 Viewer)

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Hello

I am hoping that we will do another long European trip in May. I would like to find out more about the Italian Sostas. Is there a good website or guide book where you can check them all out?

We were thinking of doing the Italian Lakes, Venice, Tuscany, Genoa (med) area and then back into the South of France.

We spent a few days in Cannobio on Lake Maggiore last year on a really good Sosta but want to see more. Dont fancy paying Italian campsite fees though although I suppose the ACSI card might be a good idea for early summer there. If there are free Sostas though I would rather use them!

Cheers
BD

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I am hoping that we will do another long European trip in May. I would like to find out more about the Italian Sostas. Is there a good website or guide book where you can check them all out?

We were thinking of doing the Italian Lakes, Venice, Tuscany, Genoa (med) area and then back into the South of France.

BD

Here's one, I've not seen it in the flesh.
http://www.vicarious-shop.com/product.php?productid=8&cat=1&page=1

ACSI is a must of course. €15 on quality sites in May is pretty good.

wanttobeaway

Free Member
Oct 26, 2009
on tour
Funster No
MH
white one
Exp
only 3.2 and counting
We have this one its ok but like all the aires book some of them are not there also the good sostas cost more than a campsite

OP
OP
barryd

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
I came across this one http://www.camperonline.it/sosta.asp
If you switch on translation its useful. The sostas atlas coupled with this website and some POI I guess will suffice. I think the Aires book for France is quite good. Presume the Italian guide you mention is not quite the same.

I see what you mean about the cost. Some of these Sostas appear to be over 20Euros and typically 10-13. I guess like France the out of the way ones will be cheaper or free and less popular which will suit us as we hate crowds and have a bike.

Thanks
BD

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back