Budget Diy GSM Silent alarm dialler (1 Viewer)

mulaz

Free Member
Apr 14, 2009
Durham
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
3 years
Thought i would tell other funsters about a cracking good Alarm system for your van that rings your mobile phone in the event of a break in!!!! for peanuts.
I have no connection with this company... uk designed... whitley bay
a GSM (Mobile Phone) alarm system for £29+ £15 for a phone with £10 credit (virgin nokia )
This is the second unit that i have purchased from Pocketdiallers.com. or ebay Link Removed
Or pocketdiallers.com
Granted that you have to have some electronic or soldering skills but what you end up with is a portable domant alarm system that you can leave in your van for months without any mains or battery hook up . powered only from mobile phone, also knowing that if anyone enters then it will inform you by ringing or texting, better than any siren that most people ignore.
It can be wired to pressure mats, PIRs, sensors etc. also can be used abroad
will use mine this year touring europe.
Good product and helpfull service
recommended :thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i can see one major flaw in this system....

it waits 20 seconds to find a signal, then makes a few calls and turns off after 45 seconds.

you would use this if you were away from the van...yes ?

how long does it take a thief to empty your van of the valuable bits, camera, wallet, handbag, satnav etc or in the case of a proffessional vehicle thief to be off site in your van.....5 minutes ?

the only advantage i CAN see is you know what to expect when you do get back. :Eeek:

if it repeatedly calls 'on the move' then you need online software to tracker your phone/tracking device on a laptop and when/if you find it, how do you sweet-talk the two no-necks that emerge from it ? :Eeek:

£30 will get you a small safe from B+Q...money better spent in my book.:thumb:

OP
OP
mulaz

mulaz

Free Member
Apr 14, 2009
Durham
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
3 years
Only an idiot would leave camera's handbags wallets satnavs etc lying around..........

And a safe in a motorhome only tells the crooks where your camera's handbags wallets satnavs are!!!!! LETS SMASH EVERYTHING TO REMOVE A £30 SAFE:ROFLMAO:

Everybody hears alarms going off all the time! most people stay clear and do nowt!!!!!

At least with something like this and A basic caravan/car alarm . you can go back to your van instead of having another caffè latte at that beach side cafe,

People who have vans in storage can at least know if anyone is or has been inside etc.

Also not everybody has money to burn on £400 tracker alarm systems that can also be disabled in seconds with a GPS blocker!!!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
will use mine this year touring europe.
Good product and helpfull service
recommended :thumb:

You might have to trigger a call in every country because the phone usually asks which roaming provider to connect to.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
At least with something like this and A basic caravan/car alarm . you can go back to your van instead of having another caffè latte at that beach side cafe,

Which could stop a secondary break in - either by the original who did a quick snatch and hide looking for the cavalry - or by some passing tea leaf who decides Christmas is early this year.

On the down side you could get run over, or with the age of the Olde Fartes in here, have a heart attack rushing back in panic mode.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back