R.AC recovery (1 Viewer)

Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
Breakdown Rec
As my m/home is coming up t 3 years old my r.a.c cover will end i contacted R.A.C and asked them for cover they only cver M/Homes length 5.5m, Width 2.3m, Weight 3.5 Met Ton,:Sad: can anyone sugest a good recovery comp that will cover me as i exceed there limits i have a Bessacarr e765s

Thanks

Bill

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Breakdown Rec
As my m/home is coming up t 3 years old my r.a.c cover will end i contacted R.A.C and asked them for cover they only cver M/Homes length 5.5m, Width 2.3m, Weight 3.5 Met Ton,:Sad: can anyone sugest a good recovery comp that will cover me as i exceed there limits i have a Bessacarr e765s

Thanks

Bill

Hi Bill

Is your name really Bill Bailey or am I just old and stupid. Anyway, thats not true. If you are a member of the c&cc you can join the RAC arrivals scheme which doesnt have a size restriction. Its even worth just joining the c&cc for that.

Jim
:Smile:

OP
OP
B
Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
Hi Bill

Is your name really Bill Bailey or am I just old and stupid. Anyway, thats not true. If you are a member of the c&cc you can join the RAC arrivals scheme which doesnt have a size restriction. Its even worth just joining the c&cc for that.

Jim

Once you join the c&cc do you contact R.A.C and quote your Mem No

Bill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi Bill

I cant remeber how we did it but contact the c&cc and they will explain it all to you. I've used them once, only to change a spare wheel after a blow out but they were very good with me.

Jim

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
as john said you are covered..not the vehicle.

ANY vehicle you are in, whether driving or not...owned by you or not, is covered. except commercial vehicles.

yes, you deal direct with the RAC and they MAY ask you for the C+CC activation code when you apply so when you join the C+CC ask for the code.

my 7mtr...3850kg kontiki was around £80 for the year and euro cover is an optional extra.

no length, height or weight issues with them and they will also come onto a grass pitch to recover you....access permitting....most of the others wont leave tarmac.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
as john said you are covered..not the vehicle.

ANY vehicle you are in, whether driving or not...owned by you or not, is covered. except commercial vehicles.

yes, you deal direct with the RAC and they MAY ask you for the C+CC activation code when you apply so when you join the C+CC ask for the code.

my 7mtr...3850kg kontiki was around £80 for the year and euro cover is an optional extra.

no length, height or weight issues with them and they will also come onto a grass pitch to recover you....access permitting....most of the others wont leave tarmac.

An interesting story a true one at that
A customer of mine who had what he thought was full Green Flag cover
had a wheel bearing go on the M1
Being a very busy section and it was a large van ( Renault Traffic LWB) he pulled over onto the hard shoulder. getting blown about quite a bit by the lorries, and to be honest he was scared of the closeness of the HGVs hurtling past, he put two wheels on the grass verge, Green Flag came out and recovered him under the policy, AND invoiced him £94 for recovery to road way, he had only two wheels on the grass!!!! many arguments later the invoice stood and had to be paid:Doh:
Geo

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
It does make you shake your head. Even when you try your level best to do everything right somebody wants to pick you pocket.

Jim

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Being a very busy section and it was a large van ( Renault Traffic LWB) he pulled over onto the hard shoulder. getting blown about quite a bit by the lorries, and to be honest he was scared of the closeness of the HGVs hurtling past, he put two wheels on the grass verge, Green Flag came out and recovered him under the policy, AND invoiced him £94 for recovery to road way, he had only two wheels on the grass!!!! many arguments later the invoice stood and had to be paid:Doh:
Geo

very similar example Geo.

when i had my disco i did the boss a favour and towed a cherry picker on to a building site and promptly got stuck axle deep in soft muddy ground, disco would cope but not when the 2000kg cherry picker hit the mud and sank, unhooked it and dragged it out with two other cars towing it backwards.
disco well and truly stuck.

rang greenflag only to be told...you drove on, we aint towing you out.:Angry:

one short phonecall later and cover cancelled and monthly DD stopped.:thumb:

Mikemoss

Free Member
Aug 14, 2007
Corsham, Wilts
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
RAC Recovery certainly works for any length/weight of motorhome, and is actually cheaper than being a member direct (which we were before, for many years). I've only needed them once in anger when a wheel bearing went, but got recovered OK with no arguments.

Jan 31, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years +
I've been with RAC Arrival for years, and before that direct with RAC. I've needed them a few times and they've always been very good.

The "no commercial vehicles" bit caused a bit of fun last time I needed them for the motorhome. It comes up as a white Transit, so they asked "does it have any graphics or writing on the side?" "Yes, it says Autosleeper Frisky" "Oh, I'm sorry, we can't cover commercial vehicles" Luckily I was in a good mood and patiently explained that it was a motorhome converted by a firm called Autosleeper.

gunerdoo

Free Member
Oct 16, 2009
Funster No
MH
ROMAHOME
Food for Thought

[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Geo

That Post is Definitely Food for Thought and worth investigating with other Breakdown
Outfits, just for ones own peace of mind ?:Doh:

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Breakdown cover

It's worth trying Saga - they use AA.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I've been with RAC Arrival for years, and before that direct with RAC. I've needed them a few times and they've always been very good.

The "no commercial vehicles" bit caused a bit of fun last time I needed them for the motorhome. It comes up as a white Transit, so they asked "does it have any graphics or writing on the side?" "Yes, it says Autosleeper Frisky" "Oh, I'm sorry, we can't cover commercial vehicles" Luckily I was in a good mood and patiently explained that it was a motorhome converted by a firm called Autosleeper.

same problem when i joined.

'any vehicle you are in, except commercials'

i explained my everyday car is a pickup and would it be covered?

providing its not for commercial use then yes.

unfortunately i didnt get this in writing so time will tell.:Sad:

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
RAC Recovery

Hi

C.C.C. Arrival is extremely good,The R.A.C have (so Far) Recovered me from Deham (Bucks) to Arlesford (Hants) (Wrecked gearbox), From Portsmouth (Docks) to Wolverhampton. (one Cylinder out) and From the M25 to Dover when I had 2 Blowouts and only one Spare!!. Oh and sent a nice man who changed a tyre on a Rally site Easter 2008, when a sidewall blew out the R-V was just standing minding its own business and Bang!!. SWMBO was on the loo at the time, her comments are not repeatable!!!!.

This is a 31ft 7.5 tonne Pusher Diesel R-V, and is a right pig to load because of the overhang, But so far they have managed to convey it without damage, apart from catching the exhaust when a block slipped when unloading, They paid out on the exhaust But it did take a few months to get.

Cost Including C.C.C Memb; and European 90day cover is about £200-00 p/a

pete

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back