Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
To save hijacking a post I sent a pm to another not so fun funster. I thought it was an intelligent pm, see what you think of the response.

Originally Posted by madbluemad
Hi Jaws

What is the continental ferry that you get to the states. Were does it leave fom and where does it arrrive at

Cheers

Jim

Ahhh You have to be a fully signed up member of the pan-european woggle twirlers brigade to take advantage..
It leaves from Liverpool, travels through time to early 1912 ( avoiding ice bergs ) fiddles around the bottom of Canada a bit, exits the time shaft at precisely some time later just off Liberty Island.. That daft bint with the book who is in a long nighty is a right pain though.. Her bloody tourch went out years ago and she STILL stands right in the way of re-entry

I could have asked things like how much does it cost, how long does it take etc etc etc but thought that I could easily find that out after I had the initial info. Incidentley I have googled this a few times with no luck, Ive even made enquiries through shipping companies, all to no avail.

Jim

Opinions appreciated

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
before they were invented
ferry info

hi, you should have asked me, i went on it tommorow and came back only next week, its fun, :winky: ignore the rest of the links, they are all funsters,, what do they know,,,,, oooooooops got to go, my big friends with the funny coat that wraps my arms right round me have just come, :Eeek::Eeek::shout:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
hi, you should have asked me, i went on it tommorow and came back only next week, its fun, :winky: ignore the rest of the links, they are all funsters,, what do they know,,,,, oooooooops got to go, my big friends with the funny coat that wraps my arms right round me have just come, :Eeek::Eeek::shout:

Are but was it just friendly fire or insulting garbage ???

Jim
:Smile:

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
I think that you mis read the original thread (Norfolk Line etc.). Jaws was talking about booking a ferry to continental europe, not to the states!

I would think that his reply to you was a tongue in cheek merry jape.

ArenqueRojo

Free Member
Nov 10, 2008
Anywhere in Europe, so fa
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
13 years
Can't answer for Jaws, but try these:
http://www.autoshippers.co.uk/
Link Removed
http://www.shipmyvehicle.com/InternationalVehicleShipping.aspx

These were from a Google search:
freight vehicle netherlands canada roro

Netherlands because I know a lot of that sort of freight goes via Rotterdam and
RoRo because if your van is too big for a container, thats what you will be looking for...
Freight Forwarders is the generic term for the people in the shipping business.

Hope Grandma and the eggs are OK::bigsmile:
Patrick

OP
OP
M

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
I think that you mis read the original thread (Norfolk Line etc.). Jaws was talking about booking a ferry to continental europe, not to the states!

I would think that his reply to you was a tongue in cheek merry jape.

Wellllllllllll.. We had planned on doing the US of A this year but have had a change of heart..

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Wellllllllllll.. We had planned on doing the US of A this year but have had a change of heart..

and the rest of the sentence Jim...

Wellllllllllll.. We had planned on doing the US of A this year but have had a change of heart.. Of course that meant instead of booking our continental ferry in December to get the really cheap prices, I have only just booked up..

in other words....we aint going to yankyland now but we are going to europe by ferry. (continental as opposed to the IOW ferry:roflmto:) but had to book late instead of in december when we were going to book.

i reckon it was friendly garbage:thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
and the rest of the sentence Jim...

Wellllllllllll.. We had planned on doing the US of A this year but have had a change of heart.. Of course that meant instead of booking our continental ferry in December to get the really cheap prices, I have only just booked up..

in other words....we aint going to yankyland now but we are going to europe by ferry. (continental as opposed to the IOW ferry:roflmto:) but had to book late instead of in december when we were going to book.

i reckon it was friendly garbage:thumb:

What does that have to do with helping somebody to scource an ocean journey to the usa with the mh.

Oh well maybe Ive just had to long a day :winky:

Cheers

Jim

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
my apoligies Jim...i see what you mean now. :Doh:

your request was for shipping info to the USA and you thought jaws could give you the info.

incidently Jim, you dont get a ferry to america.....you send your van by cargo ship and you take a passenger liner...takes about a week or so i think.

go and have a nap for an hour or two...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Oh dear !
I thought it was YOU who was taking the mick out of me re ferry etc and that I had somehow messed up my post

My reply ( as others said ) was merely a daft response to what I thought was a tongue in cheek question

Still, as I am obviously not funny I can only apologise for not taking your question seriously ..

To answer your ( serious ) question, I have absolutely no idea, but I can give you a really useful web site that Richard uses that allows you to rent an RV in the states for as little as 14 bucks a night..

I shall try not to have fun and reply in future will reply with nothing but absolutely straight answers

Ahh.. Best I pop over to the dark side and pay my tenner then..... :roflmto:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
my apoligies Jim...i see what you mean now. :Doh:

your request was for shipping info to the USA and you thought jaws could give you the info.

incidently Jim, you dont get a ferry to america.....you send your van by cargo ship and you take a passenger liner...takes about a week or so i think.

go and have a nap for an hour or two...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

And basically it was THAT which made me think the PM was a joke !!

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I thought it was a funny reply, rather appealed to my sense of humour. :ROFLMAO:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Well, come on Jim, you asked for comments mate..

I have said sorry as I completely misunderstood your PM as I thought you were just pulling my leg.. What say you sir ?

metaphorical hand shake :Smile:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
And herewith lies the problem with modern day communication. Texts and alike often get completely mis interpreted by the inability to see body language.

I thought it was an amusing reply now that I have see it in its context, ie no understanding about what you were talking about Jim. It might of been more polite to put something at the bottom to say that, granted.

But come on, Jaws has come on and apologised for the misunderstanding,, perhaps when you see it for what it is, you will too.

I do agree with Brian though, PM is exactly that (P)rivate (M)essage

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
in response to pauls reply re Body language...
the nearest thing we have here is a smiley or two.....

and they're in the PM text box as well.:thumb:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
This of course is true PJ , but as I was replying to something I already believed to be just a bit of fun, I did not see the need..

As a matter of interest, can someone explain to me what is offensive and insulting ??

I am a little baffled about that bit to be honest !

bazfergy

Free Member
Apr 20, 2009
dumfries scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years
got to agree with hilldweller,a pm is exactly that, it's "personal".If you don't like the answer ignore it,pm again asking for an explanation,or ignore and ask someone else,but i don't think think it's fair to publish the answer to your "personal"question for everyone else to see,just cause you didn't like the answer.I think you will find a few people would be a bit less forthcoming to answer your PMs if they think you are going to make it public.But that's just my opinion:thumb:

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh don't you just love a public flogging:ROFLMAO:

lazydays

Free Member
May 9, 2009
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
March 2009
I think it was a case of ask a silly question you get a silly answer.

Believe me, I've asked some silly questions in my time and got some funny answers!

Life’s to short to take things seriously ?????:ROFLMAO:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I think it was a case of ask a silly question you get a silly answer.

Believe me, I've asked some silly questions in my time and got some funny answers!

Life’s to short to take things seriously ?????:ROFLMAO:

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
now theres an idea for the funsters meets...a set of stocks.

anyone steps out of line and a night in the stocks as punishment. :ROFLMAO:

oohh me me !!! Do I have to pay ? Will there be cabbages ??

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
This of course is true PJ , but as I was replying to something I already believed to be just a bit of fun, I did not see the need..

As a matter of interest, can someone explain to me what is offensive and insulting ??

I am a little baffled about that bit to be honest !

"As a matter of interest, can someone explain to me what is offensive and insulting ??"

Erm.......Yes............... anything I used to post on the other side, well ....it must have been due to how quick my posts had mods debating them :Eeek:

To give you a serious reply.....

Please re-read the comments above

Please repeat until you agree :thumb:

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
WELL !!! I took afence agate and three posts cut em up for firewood!!:roflmto::roflmto::roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back