Please tell me that not all Motorhome Dealers are the same! (1 Viewer)

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
Just had an interesting afternoon. Stopped at a Small Motorhome Dealer on the South Coast nipped in as I liked the look of a A Class, showed him my car as part exchange he seem interested so I said I would come back in the afternoon with other half. Had a good look around, dealer seemed very pleasant and we even got a cup of coffee.

He said that he was waiting for a few calls back ref value of car and said that he would ring me back. So just as was pulling up home phone rang but could not get to it in time. When I checked my voice mail it said you have 1 message 8 mins long:Sad: Sounds bad!

Anyway it was the dealer and he said that he had a couple of questions to ask me and asked that I call back. Short 8 Mins I thought then i realised he had not put his phone down and he continued talking to one of his staff, saying that he could tell me this and tell me that and that it would knock the price of the part ex, this continued in a similar vein for the remainder of the 8 mins!

Needless to say I wont be calling him back nor will he be getting a deal from me!

Moral of the story Dont Forget To Put The Phone Down:ROFLMAO:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Just had an interesting afternoon. Stopped at a Small Motorhome Dealer on the South Coast nipped in as I liked the look of a A Class, showed him my car as part exchange he seem interested so I said I would come back in the afternoon with other half. Had a good look around, dealer seemed very pleasant and we even got a cup of coffee.

He said that he was waiting for a few calls back ref value of car and said that he would ring me back. So just as was pulling up home phone rang but could not get to it in time. When I checked my voice mail it said you have 1 message 8 mins long:Sad: Sounds bad!

Anyway it was the dealer and he said that he had a couple of questions to ask me and asked that I call back. Short 8 Mins I thought then i realised he had not put his phone down and he continued talking to one of his staff, saying that he could tell me this and tell me that and that it would knock the price of the part ex, this continued in a similar vein for the remainder of the 8 mins!

Needless to say I wont be calling him back nor will he be getting a deal from me!

In answer to your question... In my experience there is no such thing as an honest dealer..

They are just like politicians...

Doug...

mikel

Free Member
Mar 24, 2008
Funster No
It's annoying to hear about your experience but as mentioned it seems to be the norm, makes you very cross indeed !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

Oh come on, where's the FUN in that.

Get thinking, surely you can wind him up with all that knowledge.

mikel

Free Member
Mar 24, 2008
Funster No
Quite agree with Hill.

DO NOT delete the message. Call them up and suggest that public disclosure has its price.

You could be the owner of a very cheap A Class and keep your car as well !

If you need anymore advice ........................

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Just had an interesting afternoon. Stopped at a Small Motorhome Dealer on the South Coast nipped in as I liked the look of a A Class,

I am not far from Hastings, come in land and have a look at my A Class's:Smile: got six from memory ranging from Budget to Expensive! They are all on the web so let your fingers do the walking and feast your eyes:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Peter

OP
OP
Ant&Debs

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
I am not far from Hastings, come in land and have a look at my A Class's:Smile: got six from memory ranging from Budget to Expensive! They are all on the web so let your fingers do the walking and feast your eyes:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Peter

Thank you Peter does that include coffee?:winky:

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
before they were invented
all dealers

same as always, the bad few, if you cant get what you want at johns cross, give a look on web for p and p campers and cars, gosport, i have had 3 motors from them over last 10 years, budget to magic, honest, careing, and dam fine fellows, no i am not one of them, nor do i work for them, 35 years plus as a family concern, :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

landielady

Free Member
Jan 20, 2010
surrey
Funster No
Exp
new
Sorry to hear you had a rough time with the dealer.. i can tell you from personal experience that they are not all the same as i have just brought my first motorhome from johns cross motorhomes and found them ace to deal with.. even if andy does need a lift up to reach things :ROFLMAO:... give them a go..

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
That fone call is just TOO good an opertunity to pass up on !!!
You simply MUST go and make out the deal is still on
Let him finish all his shpeel and then just say.. Pretty good ! When you rang me and forgot to put the fone down that is JUST what you said to your companion..

Now then, here is the deal I am offering you..
Start by saying you would never dream of letting the tape get in to the wrong hands and you cannot blame them for trying... However, as you are shortly giving the answerfone to a good friend you cannot vouch for what they might do with it.
Go on to say 'I think it might be to your advantage if we said £XXXXX was a FAIR price for your van ( at least £2500 cheaper ) and £XXXX was a FAIR price for the trade in'1 ( just look up your car on Autotrader and see what they go for retail .. )

Nowt like scamming a scammer !!

lazydays

Free Member
May 9, 2009
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
March 2009
Beware, the recession is upon us and sales are far and few between. The sale's people are all wolves dressed up in sheeps clothing.

would like to know who the dealer was?
:Angry:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Fortunately I don't use them and probably never will.....

BTW I've always avoided/hated salesmen..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Good luck though.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
I love this story... I would just keep the message and record it and go and see him. Play on his embarrassment..

SpongeBobsDad

Free Member
Sep 23, 2008
north east uk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
25 + yrs
Moral of the story Dont Forget To Put The Phone Down In this INSTANCE its a good job for you he didnt :thumb::thumb:

TDH

Jun 22, 2009
Powys/Shropshire border
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Loads
Come on, don't be shy - NAME AND SHAME, 'cos I for one would love to e-mail them and ask for advice about something or other!! :roflmto:

Last edited:

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp

what ya doing looking at an A class thought you where about to pick up your new fifth wheel
Hope nothing has gone wrong with it

ianj

Free Member
Dec 1, 2009
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp

Why not go back to the dealer offer to do thge deal then when che has finishedc the bullxxxxx play him the message and ask if he would like to reconsider in light of it and the fact that sometimes messages can be put on the web for all to hear.

OP
OP
Ant&Debs

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
what ya doing looking at an A class thought you where about to pick up your new fifth wheel
Hope nothing has gone wrong with it

No, we was looking for my sister, as she was working that day. We just have a short delay in pick up our 5th wheel:cry:

OP
OP
Ant&Debs

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
Why not go back to the dealer offer to do thge deal then when che has finishedc the bullxxxxx play him the message and ask if he would like to reconsider in light of it and the fact that sometimes messages can be put on the web for all to hear.

To be honest ianj, after i heard what he was saying, i just would not want too deal with his business. I would rather deal with somebody i could trust, also the A class would have been for my sister, and if it had turned out to be a complete do, i would never have been able to face my sister again, plus she has a good right hook!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back