Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi all
Last time out I tried to plug the laptop into the old inverter and when I switched it on the inverter went pop :frowny: I had a quick look inside and the internal fuses were all in tact but there was a portion of the circuit board that has obviously got very hot and is burned a bit.....
Anyway I ordered a new one which arrived the other day so I fitted it after F1 today. Happy to report that it is working and it tested out ok.
Whilst sorting out the incoming cabling to the inverter I pulled the bulkhead carpet away to get better access and noticed a large, rectangular hole in the bulkhead. Inside there was what appeared to be a flap??? Then I remembered that when we first got Rocky I had found a slotted grille cover in an overhead locker, and being the sort that never throws anything away :roflmto: I went and hunted it down. Guess what? Perfect fit..... So I cut out the slot in the carpet and screwed the cover in place and now the flap moves to different positions when different modes are selected on the air con panel.... I think the carpet fitter had just simply fitted the carpet over the top of the vent and forgotten about it.....
Not quite sure what this flap is doing, possibly allowing warm air to be picked up in the passenger footwell and recycled when the AC is in the Max position??
Anyway I feel chuffed that whilst fitting one thing I was able to sort out something else ::bigsmile:

Keith

OP
OP
TestPoster
Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Not really John
I have been in engineering for the last 35 years mate, so it is second nature now to find things wrong and fix them ::bigsmile: Trouble is I usually get everything sorted just before I sell something and the new owner gets all the benefit ::bigsmile:
I am slowly learning though :roflmto:

Keith

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
What size inverter is it Keith?

What are you running on it?

OP
OP
TestPoster
Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
It's only a baby one John, continuous rating = 1000 watts, peak = 2000 watts. The one that blew up was a 3000 watt + battery charger, but I could only get this one quickly :eek:
The only stuff that will run from it will be a flat screen tv and a PS2 thingy ::bigsmile:

Keith

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
It's only a baby one John, continuous rating = 1000 watts, peak = 2000 watts. The one that blew up was a 3000 watt + battery charger, but I could only get this one quickly :eek:
The only stuff that will run from it will be a flat screen tv and a PS2 thingy ::bigsmile:

Keith

We use our for the TV.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back