Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
Any MHF member bought, use and can recommend one of those Halogen Ovens, they would appear to be perfect for motor homes and caravans, multi capacity, low power, self cleaning, smallish size.

Now most of us have seen these offered by JML but are the cheaper ones as good?

Prices can vary from £39.99 to £72.99 however this can be a result of different sizes 9.5Lts to 11.5Lts

Link Removed

Mick

jacken

Free Member
Dec 9, 2007
kent
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
8 years
We have a JML one. Had it for a couple of years now and it's great. Even cooks cakes. You have to get used to the different cooking times but once you have the knack, you can cook any thing that a normal oven does.

ken

Frankie

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2008
Hi, can recommend, had ours a while now, cooked xmas dinner in it on site.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Ive seen these before. But do they cook your food faster than the MH gas oven?
Or is it so you can use the electric rather than the gas, when on hook up ?

The oven's we've had in the past caravans we've had were very slow to warm up , and seemed to take an age to cook , and all the same .
Most of the heat used to come out of the inch gap at the top oven the oven door.:Doh: Bad design. I.M.O
The oven we have in the MH is so much better. Its a smev , never heard of the make unless its a CI misspell of smeg ! The oven door shuts no gaps which must help.
But as for the halogen , I'm all for an easier life.:winky:
Do tell.
Bev

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Bought one for the wife,, and can honestly say in over 40 odd years of marriage it does the best pork and Proper crunchy crackling.. ::bigsmile:

Can only speak about the JML but it cooke almost anything and got a self clean setting..

Superb thing.. :thumb:

Not sure what to get for her birthday to beat it.. :winky:

Apr 14, 2008
Cromer norfolk
Funster No
MH
Bailey approach 745
Exp
since 2002
Bought one from coopers of stortford before christmas and are now using it in spain at present time. The wife thinks it is fantastic and wishes we had bought on a long time ago.It is handy to also buy the lid stand & extension ring.
Cooked 1.25kg chicken with roast potatoes, parsnips,carrots & peppers in 60 min.

Steve

Apr 14, 2008
Cromer norfolk
Funster No
MH
Bailey approach 745
Exp
since 2002
Bought one for the wife,, and can honestly say in over 40 odd years of marriage it does the best pork and Proper crunchy crackling.. ::bigsmile:

Can only speak about the JML but it cooke almost anything and got a self clean setting..

Superb thing.. :thumb:

Not sure what to get for her birthday to beat it.. :winky:

Few nice joints of pork to keep her hand in.:Doh:

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
We bought ours last November and it is brilliant, especially for roasts. As you've seen above, the crackling is superb! Di still uses the remoska for stews, but for everything else the halogen is great. Cakes, puddings, they all are fine, and they are quick to cook.

We do not now use the RV oven except on odd occasions - it is slow and inefficient in comparison.

Bob

OP
OP
MicknPat

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
Well the opinion of all those who have replied is a BIG :thumb: Better go and buy one.

Thanks Everyone.

Mick

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
Bought one from coopers of stortford before christmas and are now using it in spain at present time. The wife thinks it is fantastic and wishes we had bought on a long time ago.It is handy to also buy the lid stand & extension ring.
Cooked 1.25kg chicken with roast potatoes, parsnips,carrots & peppers in 60 min.

Steve

They sound like a MH cooks dream machine but how much electricity do they use in 60 mins could you use one when no EHU available ??????

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
What's a 'chech oven' ????? and where did you buy it please ?????

Hi
I spelt it wrong according to my Mrs, It should have been CZECH as the country, it comes with two stands on for the cooker base and on to put the lid on when hot, the element is in the lid as is the electric feed, we use it at home and in the MH its only 800 watt and cooks everything you want in it. We bought it off the TV on Ideal World sorry I cant remember the cost but well worth looking into. Pete :thumb::thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi
I spelt it wrong according to my Mrs, It should have been CZECH as the country, it comes with two stands on for the cooker base and on to put the lid on when hot, the element is in the lid as is the electric feed, we use it at home and in the MH its only 800 watt and cooks everything you want in it. We bought it off the TV on Ideal World sorry I cant remember the cost but well worth looking into. Pete :thumb::thumb:

is it like this one peter......

<<<Link Removed

Czech made and worth every penny.

Last edited:

Tramper 2

Free Member
Aug 20, 2009
Moreton Wirral Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Low Profile.
Exp
33 years off and on...
We have a JML one. Had it for a couple of years now and it's great. Even cooks cakes. You have to get used to the different cooking times but once you have the knack, you can cook any thing that a normal oven does.

ken
Hi Folks,I am thinking[ or should say the boss is telling me that I am thinking] of getting one of these halogen ovens, they look great, but I see that they are 1200-1400 watts, is that not too powerful for campsite hook-up, would be very grateful for your expertise in this as you have got one, many thanks,
John [Tramper 2].

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back