LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
What does Jim lie about - well he flogs a book "Motorhome Security Handbook" and it isn't.

It's no such thing, it's a whole life security manual:

Security on the road. Defensive driving. Street Crime. Wild Camping. Fire. First Aid. Safe Cycling. Buying, selling. Self Defence Law.

I'm just printing it out because at 160 pages I prefer it on paper. (Thinks, I've just blown an excuse to buy an ebook reader :Sad: ) Another reason for printing, it's not going to be an easy read, it's hard core advice on how to be safe, so flicking about from section to section is much nicer with paper, I don't think ebook readers will ever better paper for this.

Why has no-one commented on this before, or maybe they have. I've only skimmed it for the moment but I can guarantee everyone on this forum, no matter what their background, will learn something useful from it. Without doubt there are folk on here who would not have posted some horror stories had they digested this book.

Nice one Jim.

PS It also has a section on GAS ATTACKS.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Some very good advise, I read it last year, I meant to comment on it but never got around to it Sorry Jim.

Can be used in all walks of your life and a lot of it is just commonsense and being aware of your surroundings.:thumb:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
You are lucky. I paid for mine and didn't get it. Tried to open it, everything froze, had to re start, and lost M H security down load :cry::cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
You are lucky. I paid for mine and didn't get it. Tried to open it, everything froze, had to re start, and lost M H security down load :cry::cry:

Ah, that's section 97, "What to do if the download fails".

Says "Try again".

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

Hi Larry, no problem. I should be able to get Motorhome-books.com back on line this afternoon. I can then send you a link to download the book. The links timeout after 48 hours:thumb:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Larry, no problem. I should be able to get Motorhome-books.com back on line this afternoon. I can then send you a link to download the book. The links timeout after 48 hours:thumb:

Thanks Jim, by the way its good to have you back :thumb:

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
You'll be a bit busy catching up on your sleep, Jim Lad, but could you please send me the link too, whenever it's convenient?

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I bought a hard copy but it got nicked:Doh::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Link Removed is now back up and running. :thumb:

For those that do not know this is our fundraising bookshop. it was given its own domain so that other motorhome forums are able to point to it without having to point here which would be in breech of most forum rules. :Smile:

Those people who did not receive a copy of the Motorhome Security Handbook, please drop me an email and i can send you the live link. :thumb:

jim@NOSPAMmotorhomefun.co.uk (remove the obvious)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
More than a couple of people have read the above post and sent me their email for a free copy of the Motorhome Security Handbook. Sorry guys, this is one of the products that we sell to support the site. It only costs a paltry £6.75 and might just be the best money you ever spend on your hobby::bigsmile: Feel free to support us and buy your copy Link Removed

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
More than a couple of people have read the above post and sent me their email for a free copy

Cheapskates !!

Or just a simple misunderstanding ?

Mind you, it's not suitable for Morocco. Risk assessment example on crossing roads "stop look". No chance in Marrakesh. The only way is trust in Allah. Just walk at a steady pace into the endless traffic and, "Ish Allah", you will get to the other side. Works even for Grumpy Old Man.

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
Security on the road. Defensive driving. Street Crime. Wild Camping. Fire. First Aid. Safe Cycling. Buying, selling. Self Defence Law.................................. but I can guarantee everyone on this forum, no matter what their background, will learn something useful from it.

Thanks for mentioing this - I will see if I can find it (Why is it hidden away on the site ??)

BTW I agree with you about these E-reader thingies, I was gobsmacked when I saw some TV show where the guy demonstrated one and it was in portrait format. What do these product developers use for brains, with a limitd words per line surely every E-bok should be in landscape or did he just not know what he was demonstrating and you can switch from one to t'other.

I will be printing it off myself

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Thanks for mentioing this - I will see if I can find it (Why is it hidden away on the site ??)
BTW I agree with you about these E-reader thingies, I was gobsmacked when I saw some TV show where the guy demonstrated one and it was in portrait format. What do these product developers use for brains, with a limitd words per line surely every E-bok should be in landscape or did he just not know what he was demonstrating and you can switch from one to t'other.
I will be printing it off myself

>> I will see if I can find it (Why is it hidden away on the site ??)

I think, maybe, Jim does not want to be too pushy. Which in this case is wrong because for the price of a gallon of diesel it could change people's lives for the better. Such as how to withdraw money from an ATM. Now how many people give that a second thought and how many people get mugged for it. Of course the title does not imply that it covers such a broad range of threats. Clearly Jim knows a bit about security but he seems to be lacking in the marketing department.

>> BTW I agree with you about these E-reader thingies,

They were on the Gadget Show last night. One did in fact have a sensor and if you wanted landscape, you just turned it, and back again, on the fly. It seems 2010 might be The Year of the Tablet. They've been around a long time now but maybe they've got the design right now. Apple have just stirred up the market with their new tablet.

For what it's worth ( not a lot coming from that program ) the Amazon reader, just coming to the UK, wiped the floor with the Sony and a French one. But Apple with it's overgrown iPod may be *the* one.

I've read books on my mobile phone for years, brilliant and you can pocket it. Not so with these ereaders unless you have giant pockets.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back