Free Member
May 9, 2009
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
March 2009
We went to Makro and seen that the Tefal Actifry is on offer, we’ve been looking at buying for a while, but at Argos they are £174.99 We bought one at Makro for £99.00 + VAT excellent value, we’ve only cooked chips with it at the moment and they are fantastically delicious.

Do any other Funsters out there have one, if so what do you think of it and also do they have any different recopies other that those in the book supplied.:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
is that one of those things that fry in a tablespoon of oil.:Eeek:

chips steamed in cooking oil mist...not natural.:Doh:
might as well buy oven chips.

OP
OP
lazydays

lazydays

Free Member
May 9, 2009
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
March 2009
is that one of those things that fry in a tablespoon of oil.:Eeek:

chips steamed in cooking oil mist...not natural.:Doh:
might as well buy oven chips.

Yip. It is only 3% fat just like FROZEN oven chips

Ahh but theres nothing like fresh potato's for chips. The chips are so crispy good lot fat cooking for a healthy diet which means I can live longer and do more travelling in the MH

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
reckon you got a bargain at £99...cheapest i found ,quick google, was amazon at £130.

i much prefer chips cooking in deep oil (stuff the healthy option...it should be lard or beef dripping:winky:) but i suppose its ideal for the van...no oil to spill when driving. :thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
lazydays

lazydays

Free Member
May 9, 2009
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
March 2009
reckon you got a bargain at £99...cheapest i found ,quick google, was amazon at £130.

i much prefer chips cooking in deep oil (stuff the healthy option...it should be lard or beef dripping:winky:) but i suppose its ideal for the van...no oil to spill when driving. :thumb:

Me too, but this will stop the doctor moaning about my un-healthy diet next time I go and see him, believe me he's worse than my mother.

OP
OP
lazydays

lazydays

Free Member
May 9, 2009
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
March 2009
D I N G - rings a bell. Was that the one on Watchdog that kept bursting into flames ?

There are always teething problems with products its all over the news and forums these days, I believe this was sorted out end of 2007 begining of 2008 and was reported on Watchdog Nov 2008. Good googling skills by the way!

I'm very happy with the product have no complaints so for, but I've only had it a few day and wiil report back in six months::bigsmile:

smifee

Free Member
Jun 18, 2008
chandler's ford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
I'm on my third one. First was a flamer & returned to Lakeland. Replacement started to make the same pre flame noise as the first so a refund from Lakeland as they no longer sell them.

Read that the fan which was supposed to be the cause of the trouble had been sorted. Saw that John Lewis were selling them.

No. 3 working okay ........... so far.

I like to cook breakfast in them. 2 sausages & the chips or wedges go in. Fat from the sausages cooks the chips. 5 minutes from the end in go the mushrooms. 3 minutes from the end in go mini plum tomatoes.

Only one complaint .... it can't fry a couple of eggs as well.

Will be taking it to Portugal on the 8th if Vanbitz sort out my inverter. Have blown 3 in about 6 weeks.:Eeek:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Good googling skills by the way!/QUOTE]

If it was googling skills it would not have been a question but a statement. I just vaguely remember something of that ilk melted.

Not good in a MH.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mandaxxx

Free Member
Feb 19, 2010
Wherever we stop.
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I thought thet were a good idea-bought one-used it a few times-hated it took too long to produce soggy chips no matter how I cut/dried them-put it on Ebay!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back