Water and electricity on aires in winter , France (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hi all!

Most of you heading south to Spain or Portugal wonder whether they will find water and electricity on the aires in winter in France.

First thing to know is that each village/town decides for its own aires. So while one is Ok , you might find the next one without any available services. The only way to know is to phone the mairie, and that can be done only from mondays to fridays.

I can do that for you!

You just have to tell me in which town /village you intend to stop and i will make sure everything is available for you.

I don't know if that link has been given to you before (i don't read all the threads and all the posts so may be you know that already!)

www.airecampingcar.com

You can see on the map where the aires for motorhomes are and find the name of the town.

I found as well that link which is for Bordeaux area. Departement number 33. It's on your way to the spanish border and is not too far down when coming from Dunkerque or Calais.

www.tourisme-gironde.fr

You click on "se loger" and then on "aires de camping cars" . Scroll down , you'll see a map and as well all the names of the villages/towns.
Make your choice(s) and let me know. I will phone at the last moment since it can be different from one day to another.

Hope it will help you all !!

AMICALEMENT

Frankie:Smile::winky:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
:thumb:
You click on "se loger" and then on "aires de camping cars" . Scroll down , you'll see a map and as well all the names of the villages/towns.

Frankie - there is an English option on this site :Smile: :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
:thumb:

Frankie - there is an English option on this site :Smile: :thumb:

Hooo yessss!:Blush: i intend to forget that google is ever so well instructed :roflmto:
BTW in the big towns the "Mairies" have people talking english ... but don't expect this in little villages,it could be... but it's not that obvious !:winky:

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
read elsewhere that water turned of on many Aires to discourage itinerants staying long term over the winter...

French motorhomers are a little more enterprising it seems, as a UK van was just leaving an Aire because of lack of water, and noticed a couple of French vans had the water turned on. he went and had a chat and they just shrugged and invited him to use it......

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back