benidorm in winter (1 Viewer)

happytraveller123

Free Member
May 18, 2009
Funster No
has anyone spent any time on one of the numerous campsites in benidorm during the winter months . i know there are a lot of perminantly sited caravans on them with a good number of resident brits but unsure if being in a motorhome means you end up being parked out of the main site and find yourself a bit excluded . any advice or experiences welcome .

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
has anyone spent any time on one of the numerous campsites in benidorm during the winter months . i know there are a lot of perminantly sited caravans on them with a good number of resident brits but unsure if being in a motorhome means you end up being parked out of the main site and find yourself a bit excluded . any advice or experiences welcome .

Unfortunately, I have no experience of taking my rig there........YET::bigsmile: but have visited my folks many times when they over-wintered in that area for about 6 years with car/caravan before they finally moved permanently to an apartment in Calpe, just down the road.
Being the 'van fanatic that I am::bigsmile:, an absolute MUST for me was to get Dad to show me the local campsites and I recon that I've visited almost every one in the Benidorm to Calpe area.
I've never seen any segregation of vans on any of the sites. yes, you do get a lot of permanents and a lot of all winter stayers, but equally, I've talked to "2 weekers" who have been slotted in between them if there's space. The only sort of restriction I've seen is on the large RV's which, understandably, cant always manage to get to the prime spots and have to take wwhat they can physically achieve. There's certainly no "them and us" type attidudes that I could sense, either between vans or from site owners.
Bottom line is, if theer's space, they'll get you in, and I get the impression that this year, there are quite a few spaces to be had due to the "crunch".

Personally, I would say go for it and dont worry. Beieve me, the sooner wifey and I can get down there, the better!::bigsmile:

HTH

evans88

Free Member
Jul 8, 2008
South Devon
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
I've stayed on the Villasol site in the winter. Motorhomes are separated from the permanent residents and its a pretty good place to stay within walking distance of the beach and town. Its good to stay in a place like Benidorm that is open and there are good public transport links by rail and road. We found shopping difficult though but managed. TV is piped to the pitch as long as you have aerial cable.

Many enjoy spending the winter in one place but I don't. I find it rather depressing when it rains as it does frequently and of course it gets dark early. But each to their own and whatever the weather is like its far better than here.

By choice I now spend from September to early November in Spain. I would go again in March until July by choice but the other half prefers to spend from May to early July in France and Spain.

I would give spending some time in winter in Spain and see how it goes. You can always catch an earlier ferry if you get fed up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

kevathome

Free Member
Dec 14, 2009
Europe (mostly)
Funster No
MH
C
Exp
Hi all,

We spend Oct to New Year in Benni each year and love it - Shows, Bars, Good company, Karaoke, Cheap shops and lots of places to visit in the surrounding area if you have transport.

Have enjoyed staying at Villasol and but it does seem to be getting a bit 'tired'.

Spent this winter a Camping Almafra, 5km outside Benni and found it very friendly, clean, tidy but (as everywhere) noisy when the Spanish arrive - well, it is their country!
Is a favorite of those with big rigs.

Have booked for next winter at El Raco - same distance from Benni centre as Villasol but seems tidier.

I agree with Zaskar, it all depends on when you arrive as to what kind of pitch you get - you can book at any of the sites, but I only know of Almafra as one that you can reserve a particular pitch.

Regards
Kevin

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp

:Cool: This is our 4th Winter on Camping Almafra. Lot's of events organised by the regulars. No one who wants company will lose out. There are lot's of friendly people here. :thumb:

Aug 21, 2008
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion

This our 7th winter in Benidorm, 1 on la Torretta which we did'nt like :Angry:and the last 6 on el raco which we love:Smile: all the pitches are hedged and the showers are heated and with constant hot water.
When you arrive on the site you walk around and find a pitch, and if like now, its quite full you may have to take a pitch under a tree but usually within a day or two, you can move on to a sunnier pitch, when they become available as people are coming and going every day, allso dogs are welcome and for winter stays are stiill free alan:thumb:

Apr 14, 2008
Cromer norfolk
Funster No
MH
Bailey approach 745
Exp
since 2002
Our first year on Almafra and we will be back great site with good sized pitches.:thumb:

Steve

OP
OP
H

happytraveller123

Free Member
May 18, 2009
Funster No
re benidorm

thanks to everyone who has replied to my benidorm campsite post . i have found them very helpfull . i was wondering though, what would be the best month to get there in order to secure a good pitch for the winter months ? and when do you regulars tend to head back or move on ? is it a mass exodus before the summer tariff comes into force ? wouldnt want to find myself "billy no mates" one morning !!

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
thanks to everyone who has replied to my benidorm campsite post . i have found them very helpfull . i was wondering though, what would be the best month to get there in order to secure a good pitch for the winter months ? and when do you regulars tend to head back or move on ? is it a mass exodus before the summer tariff comes into force ? wouldnt want to find myself "billy no mates" one morning !!

:Cool: Most Dutch start to arrive in October and leave starting in April. There are usuallu still plots avaiiable. But, this winter there has been lot's of Camping & Caravan & Motohome clubs coming for varies periods of time. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back