Weight in tons of E560 (1 Viewer)

Bessa

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Funster No
Can anyone tell me the weight of the Bessacarrr E560 unladen in tons please. I need this to clear the van in Ireland for customs. The van is now 6 months old.

Last edited:

AdgeRas

Free Member
Sep 17, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
Exp
Excuse me if I am being dumb, as I am new to MH'ing............is the answer not on a small matel plate under the bonnet?

I know when we looked at the vean we are getting in about 2 weeks time, that the weights were on a small plate, riveted to the front edge of bodywork when they lifted the bonnet............I only know this as I had to make sure the vehicle is under 3500 so that Ras can drive it on a normal modern driving licence

Hope thats correct.

Adge

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

AdgeRas

Free Member
Sep 17, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
Exp
Duh :Doh: I should have 'googled' it before sending my previous reply.

Link Removed

I think you get your answer there.

Adge.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
unfortunately its one of those campers its best not to have a change of clothes ,eat out, save the spare weight for beer n wine.only just enough spare for 4 of you for a week. ha ha, hope the other 3 passengers arnt too fat. cheers alan,.

OP
OP
B

Bessa

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Funster No
Hi the reason i wanted to know the weight in tonnage is because when we take the van back into Ireland to have it re plated as we live there ,our Government has i tax called VRT which i believe to be illegal, but they are getting away with it. So they base the weight on the tonnage of the vehicle if it is over 3 ton the amount payable is 50 euro. If the van is less it is 13.5% of the On the road market value. Our customs can come up with any figure for this value as we do not have any Swift dealers in Ireland.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi the reason i wanted to know the weight in tonnage is because when we take the van back into Ireland to have it re plated as we live there ,our Government has i tax called VRT which i believe to be illegal, but they are getting away with it. So they base the weight on the tonnage of the vehicle if it is over 3 ton the amount payable is 50 euro. If the van is less it is 13.5% of the On the road market value. Our customs can come up with any figure for this value as we do not have any Swift dealers in Ireland.

looks like you'll only be paying 50 euro then.:thumb:

you mean the government are collecting illegal tax's::bigsmile:
at least we only have "stealth tax's"

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
then it looks like you pay 50e . i would have thought it was based on the max gross weight. most taxes are. let us know for sure ,always interested in countries taxing. cheers alan.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back