filling water heater (1 Viewer)

N

Nobody

Deleted User
during the cold spell i drained the water and waste tanks and the water heater my problem is how do i refill the water heater. is it acase of attaching water hose to side of van and let it fill up.do ineed electric supply to van whilst this is going on. how do i know when water heater etc is full of water.this is the first time for me new to moterhome. should i have taken fuse out to water heater when draing down:Sad:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
I suppose that someone who has the same mh as you will confirm/deny this but it should fill when you fill your freshwater tank.

Jim
:Smile:

Edit: Run your pump after you have filled the fresh water tank.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

kinsleyboy

Free Member
Dec 11, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E560
Exp
Oct 09
I'm new to motorhoming too & I drained my heater.
I refilled it okay the other day by putting water into the freshwater tank, switch on power to taps, open taps in "hot " position and this should draw water into the heater, they'll gurgle away while the air is pushed out of the pipes.

When the gurgling stops, you should be okay. I was and the heater worked a dream .

Good luck.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, I take it you have a Carver Cascade 2 water heater and you removed the plastic plug on the outside of the heater.:Smile: If so just refill your water tank and with pump ON and the hot taps open one at a time, I always started with the sink and finished at the shower, just a chase of getting all the air out, when the pump is on and air in the system it will spit once it has stopped spitting job done...........::bigsmile:

If you have a Truma heater and had to push the plunger switch down to drain it pull it back up and put a peg on it to hold it up untill the system is full and free of air.:Smile: Bob

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
same reply as the others but in addition.....after the hot is bled through do the same with the cold taps or, when you do need cold water, you may get a soaking as it purges through the system.
if the toilet uses the main water tank then do the same there.
if it has its own supply then no need.

clean flow with no bubbles...job done.

Upvote 0

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
during the cold spell i drained the water and waste tanks and the water heater

I hope the reason for refilling the system is because you are going to use the motorhome ?
I wouldn't rely on the present mild spell continuing into spring and your water system will still be at risk from frosts etc . :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

johngee

Free Member
Aug 19, 2009
Hampshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since July 2009
during the cold spell i drained the water and waste tanks and the water heater my problem is how do i refill the water heater. is it acase of attaching water hose to side of van and let it fill up.do ineed electric supply to van whilst this is going on. how do i know when water heater etc is full of water.this is the first time for me new to moterhome. should i have taken fuse out to water heater when draing down:Sad:

Attach the hose to the socket on the van.
Fill the tank.
Start the pump.
Turn on the tap in the kitchen for both hot & cold.
Wait fot the spluttering to stop.
Turn off the tap.

No mains electricity required

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back