moterhome tv aventex (1 Viewer)

N

Nobody

Deleted User
i was at manchester show yesterday and was looking at tv systems seem rather expensive the aventex ones but is there models as good and a lot cheaper or do you get what you paid for:Sad:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Personally (you mean Avtex by the way if you need to search for one) they are a lot of money but I paid it for mine and I think they are the bees knees.

Why? well picture quality and the ability to function on 12v properly with out the need for inverters or anything else. Loads of other TVs will have similar gizmos, but for me the picture quality is better than anything else.

my opinion only...... I am sure others will have there own..

Lot of money,, but worth the cost.

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
you get what you pay for but saying that......

do you just watch tv and DVDs ?

do you want to look at photos on the tv?

do you want to use the tv as a laptop monitor?

how often are you using the van?

personally id buy from a supermarket for around £150 or less for a domestic 15"/17"/19" digi tv with DVD player than £400 for the priviledge of looking at photos as well.

the only advantages i can see is the wide (12v) voltage tolerance the expensive, made for motorhomes, tvs have and the ability to play more DVD formats than a regular tv.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Personally (you mean Avtex by the way if you need to search for one) they are a lot of money but I paid it for mine and I think they are the bees knees.

Why? well picture quality and the ability to function on 12v properly with out the need for inverters or anything else. Loads of other TVs will have similar gizmos, but for me the picture quality is better than anything else.

my opinion only...... I am sure others will have there own..

Lot of money,, but worth the cost.

I've got one and I couldn't agree more :thumb:

Upvote 0

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
i was at manchester show yesterday and was looking at tv systems seem rather expensive the aventex ones but is there models as good and a lot cheaper or do you get what you paid for:Sad:

Lots of info on "TV and Satellits" here on the Fun. I bought a 230/12v Technika TV & DVD from Tesco for £120 and have had it a couple of years now. Works for me, good picture quality and as always - its personal choice

Upvote 0

Sweet Chariot

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Staffordshire Moorlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2006
Thanks for the information as i am in the market for buying one and looked at the Avtex and they do look quality is the Freeview built in so you do not need anything else and will they work ok off a standard Motorhome arial.:Smile:

Upvote 0

AuldCodger

Free Member
Nov 25, 2009
?
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Thanks for the information as i am in the market for buying one and looked at the Avtex and they do look quality is the Freeview built in so you do not need anything else and will they work ok off a standard Motorhome arial.:Smile:

Nothing else required, we run on the standard aerial and on occasions our sat system.
Whichever way you want to use it really is simplicity, just select source and then choose scart, dvd etc
:Cool:

Upvote 0
Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Avtex everytime for me as well. We only have the basic mushroom for an aerial and we have nearly always managed to get a picture. In fact at New Year we got a picture when people with Satellites were having problems.(I have even got a fuzzy picture without the aerial in)

It does what it says on the tin. Expensive but I treated myself:winky:

Sonja

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back