Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Powys/Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Compact
Exp
since 2002
HI i have been in the Costa Brava now since the start of November and mostly obtain reasonably good reception ie. 2/3 -3/4 strength and signal from Sky. However it was and is much more difficult to obtain a decent signal ,many experienced campers to the site are also noticing similar difficulties .I wonder if this is due to the abnormally poor weather conditions OR if Sky has reduced its footprint/signal strength, we have been here for the last 7 years and this year its noticeably more difficult to set up and maintain. Advice or other theories would be most welcome Al

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
HI i have been in the Costa Brava now since the start of November and mostly obtain reasonably good reception ie. 2/3 -3/4 strength and signal from Sky. However it was and is much more difficult to obtain a decent signal ,many experienced campers to the site are also noticing similar difficulties .I wonder if this is due to the abnormally poor weather conditions OR if Sky has reduced its footprint/signal strength, we have been here for the last 7 years and this year its noticeably more difficult to set up and maintain. Advice or other theories would be most welcome Al

Sky (or rather Astra who own and operate the satellites - Sky dont!) cannot change the footprints the UK TV satellites unless the satellites themselves are replaced - the satellites they use do not have moveable beams like some other satellites.

I have not noticed any reduction is signal in Valencia area. SO down to weather - dont forget spain is on the fringe of the recption so any bad wetaher or heavy cloud will reduce signals...

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
We are just north of Barcelona, and also have seen reduced signals during poor weather.
Yesterday Sunday many channels were not showing anything on the Sky EPG.
Today however we have a stronger signal, so I would agree it's probably the weather that is causing it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Distruption on cable TV too, who I belive get the progs vis Sat and send down the wires, clicking and screaching, picture loss BBC in particular, have you lot not paid yer fees:Eeek:
Geo

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Distruption on cable TV too, who I belive get the progs vis Sat and send down the wires, clicking and screaching, picture loss BBC in particular, have you lot not paid yer fees:Eeek:
Geo

You've been watching Blue movies Geo. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back