Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Staffordshire Moorlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2006
For those interested picked this up of the other forum and Out and About Life.

LUXURY motorhome manufacturer Autocruise has been taken over by the parent of rival company Swift Group for an "undisclosed amount".

New owners Swift Holdings say Autocruise will continue to be run as a separate company offering a range of coach built and van conversion motorhomes.

A spokesman said it would continue to have a separate strategy and management to Swift Holding’s other motorhome interests.

Swift Holdings chairman Peter Smith said: “Autocruise has established a strong reputation for its unique design and construction qualities and these will be maintained under our ownership.”

He added: “Investing in Autocruise will add tremendous strength to the company and give confidence to staff, dealers and Autocruise owners about the long-term future of this award-winning operation.”

The company will display its products at the International Caravan and Motorhome 2007 Show, taking place at the NEC in Birmingham from Tuesday, October 16.

Autocruise employs 138 people and has a factory based near Rotherham.

mark e

Free Member
Sep 29, 2007
Rhondda Valleys, S Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Year 3 of ownership !
Must be good news for all Autocruise owners ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile: as i've just bought one. Swift being a big name in the caravan and motorhome market extra money coming in with investment for new vehicles and that :Smile:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Well I think it's a backward step after experiencing Swifts customer care:Doh::RollEyes::Angry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Well I think it's a backward step after experiencing Swifts customer care:Doh::RollEyes::Angry:

I tend to agree. The only Swift product I owned was an Abbey caravan and it got damp in it.

I know of instances, a number of years apart when beds have broken when being sat upon (notably under Marion Stothert - Andy's missus) and she's not exactly a large lady. Another was a cry for help from a new owner whose leisure battery was nearly flat - no charge from the charging set-up and a completely different unit to any mentioned in the hand book.

No mate, not for me. But I would have been very tempted with an Autocruise had it had 4 seatbelts.

Oh well!:Sad:

Mikemoss

Free Member
Aug 14, 2007
Corsham, Wilts
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I think anyone who has followed the changes in Swift customer care since the owner took back overall responsibility might take a different view.

As far as I'm aware they are the only, repeat the only, manufacturer to be pushing Fiat to get the new-cab 'water feature' fixed once and for all, and they are being very open and up-front about getting any issues fixed for owners.

So all in all, it might just be very good news for Autocruise owners - particularly as it seems the company was struggling financially and might have gone to the wall otherwise.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back