Free Member
Nov 17, 2009
Braintree. Essex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
3 years
On my peugeot Boxer compass avantgarde 400 the 12 v acessory socket in the dash is not working checked all the fuses that the book shows in the fuse panels on right and left side of dash all seem ok. Also where do they hide the fuses for the caravan part of the compass. Any help would be gratefully recieved as usual.

thanks

Terry:Doh:

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Daft question but did you check the fuse in the plug assuming you are talking about the cigar lighter.I had a similar problem thats how I found it :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
On my peugeot Boxer compass avantgarde 400 the 12 v acessory socket in the dash is not working checked all the fuses that the book shows in the fuse panels on right and left side of dash all seem ok. Also where do they hide the fuses for the caravan part of the compass. Any help would be gratefully recieved as usual.

thanks

It may sound like a daft question but...
how do you know the socket is not working?:RollEyes: If the appliance that you are trying to run has its own fuse it could be that. If you are running an extension from the socket there may be a fuse in the plug. Of course it could be that the socket is knackered.:Blush:

Is the socket mentioned in the vehicle handbook? If not it may be an addition fitted by the converter in which case it may be fused from the habitation fuse block - which you haven't been able to find:Doh:.

Does this qualify as a really helpful post? :winky::Nowink::whistle:

John

Last edited:
OP
OP
tan

tan

Free Member
Nov 17, 2009
Braintree. Essex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
3 years
The socket is in the vehicle handbook and labelled max 180w the item i am using is my sat nav which works fine in the cigar lighter socket and idid have the ignition on. Still cant find habitation fuse block.

pendy

Free Member
Oct 9, 2008
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
3 yrs
Hi tan, I have the Avantgarde 140 and the fuse block for the hab section in my van is found R/H side of van in the underseat store locker,take the seat cushions off,lift the slatted top up and look to the left on the far side and you should see a black oblong block and that holds the fuses.Good Luck. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
The accessory socket on our 2003/4 Autoquest 100 has never worked and I've never been able to work out where the fuse is or even remove the socket to check that it is actually connected.

Not very often we want to run more than one appliance whilst driving (maybe charge mobile phone at the same time as using sat nav) so I bought an adapter which has a plug at one end and a bar of 3 sockets at the other end.

Graham

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
The socket is in the vehicle handbook and labelled max 180w the item i am using is my sat nav which works fine in the cigar lighter socket .

I am experiencing the exact same thing with my Fiat Ducatto-havn't got round to investigating it yet. Have you tried any other devices in it?.

Mike.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
This any use:

3070 - CIGAR LIGHTER/CURRENT SOCKET - Functional DescriptionThe power supply to cigar lighter P050 is protected by fuse F44 housed in underfacia junction unit B002, and is governed by relay T12, also located in the junction unit.

When the ignition switch H001 is turned ON (INT/A), relay coil T12 is excited to deliver power to cigar lighter P050 - pin 2 -.
The power supply to power point P051 is protected by fuse F53 housed in underfacia junction unit B002, and is governed by relay T01, also located in the junction unit. When the ignition switch H001 is turned ON (INT/A), relay coil T01 is excited to deliver power to cigar lighter P051 - pin 2 -.
The coils of both relays are served by a line protected by fuse F31 and supply power directly from the battery, via a line protected by fuse F01, housedin engine bay junction unit B001.
Cigar lighter P050 and power point P051 come with internal lighting - pin 3 - that comes on when the side lights are activated. The activation input comes from short-circuit junction D097C - pins 5 and 7 -, connected to ignition switch H001 (POS).

===============================

How on earth can they make a couple of sockets to complicated.
5 fuses. Main 70A one. 5A for backlights, F44 15A power one, F52 20A power two. F31 both relay coils

falcon

Free Member
Jun 20, 2009
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp

thanks

I have a similar problem but not related to fuses. It seems my Nokia charger plug will work in one but not the other even if both sockets work fine with other appliances. I have found this before with different plugs. Sometimes they work in one and 'loose' in others. I wish they get rid of the cigar socket altogether and get it replaced with a standard two pin plug or something as robust.
I have had this problem with other cars as well and sometimes you get the feeling that there are two standards for plugs in a cigar lighter. Am I am imagining or is this right?

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I have a similar problem but not related to fuses. It seems my Nokia charger plug will work in one but not the other even if both sockets work fine with other appliances. I have found this before with different plugs. Sometimes they work in one and 'loose' in others. I wish they get rid of the cigar socket altogether and get it replaced with a standard two pin plug or something as robust.
I have had this problem with other cars as well and sometimes you get the feeling that there are two standards for plugs in a cigar lighter. Am I am imagining or is this right?

Yes, I have had the very same problems with the cigar/cigarette 12v plugs & sockets.....and yes I think there is two types .........I read somewhere that type ? of 12v cigar socket required a type ? plug, so I would say no you are not imagining and you are correct.
Mel:thumb:

steles

Free Member
Sep 2, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
Panel Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2005
Hilldweller