tv 240/12volt help unsure (1 Viewer)

N

Nobody

Deleted User
i have a 240volt tv lcd television but the lead to the tv goes throug a box converting it to 12volts how do i use tv in moterhome when not on 240 volts hook up to run on 12volts is there some sort of adapter or do i need to buy a tv dedicated for moterhomes:Sad:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi jgee,

you can run the tv direct from the 12v system but if the voltage is too high....just off charge or connected to hookup...then damage CAN occure.

you can buy a voltage stabilizer unit which designed for tv's and is regulated to 12v.

AMPEROR

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
hi jgee,

you can run the tv direct from the 12v system but if the voltage is too high....just off charge or connected to hookup...then damage CAN occure.

you can buy a voltage stabilizer unit which designed for tv's and is regulated to 12v.

AMPEROR

The Oracle has yet again risen to the occasion:thumb:

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
i have a 240volt tv lcd television but the lead to the tv goes throug a box converting it to 12volts how do i use tv in moterhome when not on 240 volts hook up to run on 12volts is there some sort of adapter or do i need to buy a tv dedicated for moterhomes:Sad:

Click on FORUMS at the top off the page and scroll down to TV & satellites All the info you need is there Just need to browse the site!!:thumb:

Upvote 0

M&L

Free Member
Jan 26, 2008
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
Exp
The easiest way is to use a 150 watt inverter plugged into the 12v socket, my tv in the van is 240v only so I do this anyway.
To plug it straight into the 12v socket means that you will have to cut the cable and put a 12v plug onto the end, this will invalidate the warranty if it is new. This did happen to me last year when a tv was only 6 months old, I sent it back but they were not happy that the cable had been messed about with.

Mike

Upvote 0
OP
OP
N

Nobody

Deleted User
tv12volt 240volt unsure

the lead to my tv is 240 to 12volts via black box and into jack plug on tv using 12volt socket in moterhome is there a custom made lead i could use to then use 12volts:Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
the lead to my tv is 240 to 12volts via black box and into jack plug on tv using 12volt socket in moterhome is there a custom made lead i could use to then use 12volts:Sad:

i doubt it but very easy to make one up.
just determine if the positive is either the inside or the outside of the plug. usually its the inside.

personally id use a stabilizer but its your choice.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back