Any views on the Autotrail Scout on a Merc Sprinter 312D (1 Viewer)

Motoberg

Free Member
Jul 25, 2008
Funster No
MH
A Class
97, rear U shaped lounge, seem to have everything I need for a first timer
before I go and view, any tips or inside knowlege/weak point on this make/model

Thanks in advance

lufcdave7

Free Member
May 12, 2009
Rochdale
Funster No
Exp
1 year
We looked hard at the Scout before getting the Chieftain. Like all Autotrail mhs we thought the quality of build very good. What put us off the Scout was the rear lounge, the seating area does not have sufficient room to lay out. If you are happy having to sit up (with your feet up) to relax, read or watch tv, then the Scout is great.

Upvote 0

Locky

Free Member
May 28, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 months and loving it
Don't have any views on the model or base vehicle but feel the u shaped lounge layout is ideal. I believe the layout is similar to that of our KON TIKI. I feel it is easier to sit up if i am reading or watching tv. I lay down when i go to sleep!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Motoberg

Motoberg

Free Member
Jul 25, 2008
Funster No
MH
A Class
Peter,
This is it

Manual, Diesel, 43,000 miles, MOT-08-2010. Length 24' 0", 6 Berth, Rear lounge, Centre Dinette, Over Cab Bed, Excellent condition, Thetford Cassette, Shower, 3 way Fridge, Gas/Electric Heating, Gas/Electric Hot Water, Rotating Cab Seat, onboard fresh water and waste tanks, six safety belts, Extras Include: High Quality Security system, roof rack, Rear ladder, Cycle carrier, Air ride suspension, batteries, Chrome wheel trims, PLUS MUCH MUCH MORE!! Price 18975GBP,

Upvote 0
Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Peter,
This is it

Manual, Diesel, 43,000 miles, MOT-08-2010. Length 24' 0", 6 Berth, Rear lounge, Centre Dinette, Over Cab Bed, Excellent condition, Thetford Cassette, Shower, 3 way Fridge, Gas/Electric Heating, Gas/Electric Hot Water, Rotating Cab Seat, onboard fresh water and waste tanks, six safety belts, Extras Include: High Quality Security system, roof rack, Rear ladder, Cycle carrier, Air ride suspension, batteries, Chrome wheel trims, PLUS MUCH MUCH MORE!! Price 18975GBP,

Hi,

We bought an Auto-Trail Cheyenne on a 01 plate, the previous owners really looked after it so it`s like new inside, if your lounge area is the same as ours then there is plenty of room for four people, seats are deep which are more than comfortable enough to lounge on, they narrowed the seat squab after the 04 plate.

They do have a narrow wheel base which can make the van lean a bit when cornering but as it has air suspension that should cure that problem, improving the ride all round.

Certainly 43.000 miles is nothing for a merc engine, with all those extras sounds like it could be a good buy.

Hope you have loads of fun with it.

Rob and Chris.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
A Good Chassis and a great layout, a firm favourite if you have kids as you can send them down to the lounge on rainy days, also if there is only a couple you can leave the rear bed made up for a few days at a time. :thumb:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back