Sep 25, 2007
In Our RV
Funster No
MH
Fifth Wheel
Exp
3 Years
Hi

We have a fifth wheel unit 36' triple axle with three slides that we are presently living in.

The help we need is in moving it about 20 miles, we need to move on Feb the 8th and our pickup is currently not taxed mot'd or insured and because we have been static for the last 3 years is sorn.

If any one has a suitable american pickup and can move our rig for us please get in touch we do not expect it done for free and will pay for fuel and time.

We are presently in the east yorkshire area close to Beverley we will give more details if you can help us.

Thanks very much

Keith and Debs.

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
Hi

Keith and Debs

We Would be more that happy to move your unit for you, however we are down in Hastings, East Sussex fair drive from you. Hopefully somebody closer may be able to come to your rescue, or maybe a local haulage company could help.

Regards

Ant & Debs:Smile:

algill

Free Member
Dec 12, 2007
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 2007
Sorry, but doubt our Mitsubishi would cope with a 36ft tripple axle 3 slide job. :Doh:

Hope you get sorted.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Sorry, but doubt our Mitsubishi would cope with a 36ft tripple axle 3 slide job. :Doh:

Hope you get sorted.

if that wont my 2.5ltr hilux hasnt a cat in hells chance.....:ROFLMAO:

just a thought though ......

if its been 'square wheeled' for 3 years does everything work.....
brakes ? are they seized off/on
are the tyres legal ? (they must have 'flat' spots and possible sidewall cracking after 3 years)

i wouldnt want anyone to tow it and have multiple blowouts or brake failure, thats a lot of weight for the truck brakes alone.

Last edited:

robrobc

Free Member
Oct 16, 2008
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
None Now
Exp
5+
Hi there

It may be useful to give an indication of the weight of the 5'er both total and pin.
I am guessing that as it is a triple axle then it is not going to be light, the pin weight could be an issue for quite a number of trucks, I see you were using a F350, I am guessing you will need that size at least.

Going off at a tangent, would it not be cheaper/easier to MOT your existing truck and take it off SORN for 6 months. Maybe £150 ish, probably less then the diesel getting to you and then towing and then returning home. (£150/£5 per gallon = 30 Gallons x 14 mpg = 420 miles)

Just a thought

Rob

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
Help Required Pretty Please

Hi Guys, Do any of you wounderful people out there know where I & Debs could hire a 5ver from. We were due to have ours by now but it was delayed. We need to rent 1 for up to 6 weeks. We dont want to go touring in it, it would be put on a site in earith, Cambs. on a campsite next to where the company I drive Band Buses for.

It also would not have to a 5vr largish caravan would do.

Any help would be greatly accepted.

Love & Kisses

Ant & Debs

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
If you are not fixed up yet..

How about buying a caravan of Fleabay and when you have finished put it back on Fleabay,, buying this time of year you may pick up a half tidy one cheap,, and make a bit of profit when you sell,, cos it will be nearer Spring when folks think about buying one.

robrobc

Free Member
Oct 16, 2008
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
None Now
Exp
5+
Hi Guys, Do any of you wounderful people out there know where I & Debs could hire a 5ver from. We were due to have ours by now but it was delayed. We need to rent 1 for up to 6 weeks. We dont want to go touring in it, it would be put on a site in earith, Cambs. on a campsite next to where the company I drive Band Buses for.

It also would not have to a 5vr largish caravan would do.

Any help would be greatly accepted.

Love & Kisses

Ant & Debs

Hi Guys

Sorry but cannot help as I have sold ours today:thumb::thumb: otherwise I would have said borrow it and then deliver to our friend in Suffolk.

I hope you get fixed

Rob

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
Hi Rob

Many thanks. Glad you sold yours, was that the whole rig or just the 5ver? Look out Portugal:thumb:

Bests Wishes

Ant & Debs

robrobc

Free Member
Oct 16, 2008
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
None Now
Exp
5+
Hi Rob

Many thanks. Glad you sold yours, was that the whole rig or just the 5ver? Look out Portugal:thumb:

Bests Wishes

Ant & Debs

Just the trailer, I still have the truck ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Portugal here we come......................yayyyyyyy

Regards

Rob

IanH

Free Member
Apr 6, 2008
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
If you are not fixed up yet..

How about buying a caravan of Fleabay and when you have finished put it back on Fleabay,, buying this time of year you may pick up a half tidy one cheap,, and make a bit of profit when you sell,, cos it will be nearer Spring when folks think about buying one.

Thats just what we are doing at the moment
3 weeks into a 2 month period and we are just getting cabin fever,at least we have a store we can use with the washing machine ,drier and most important a proper loo so life isnt too bad

Ian & Doreen

IanH

Free Member
Apr 6, 2008
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
Kieth & Debs

How about contacting a few local Breakdown Recovery companies ,the one i work for shift most things and if we cant we normaly know someone that can.

That said we are in Cornwall so unable to help you with your problem

Ian & Doreen

OP
OP
Keith and Debs

Keith and Debs

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
In Our RV
Funster No
MH
Fifth Wheel
Exp
3 Years
are the tyres legal ? (they must have 'flat' spots and possible sidewall cracking after 3 years)

Hmm interesting of course everything works i would not ask any one to move something that was not roadworthy. It may have been stood 3 years but it has been on stands with the wheels in storage. Only put em back on last week after servicing and overhauling brakes and bearings, and there still not on the ground yet.

Anyway thanks for all your replies we are sorted now.

Thanks

Keith ..

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

Hmm interesting of course everything works i would not ask any one to move something that was not roadworthy. It may have been stood 3 years but it has been on stands with the wheels in storage. Only put em back on last week after servicing and overhauling brakes and bearings, and there still not on the ground yet.

Anyway thanks for all your replies we are sorted now.

Thanks

Keith ..

hi,
i just thought it worth mentioning and never meant to offend your intellegence. :thumb::winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back