calculad

Banned
Nov 14, 2009
Soft South
Funster No
MH
Van Con
Exp
I inherited a 3 bike Fiamma(I think) bike rack on my newly purchased motor home.
Can anyone tell me if removal leaves holes in the van (which obviously would have to be filled) or whether it is possible to remove them and maybe just leave some kind of fixing bar?
I have no manual and could just start undoing things if I wasn't such a coward.
I tried to fins a manual on Fiamma website but the cupboard was bare.
K

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I inherited a 3 bike Fiamma(I think) bike rack on my newly purchased motor home.
Can anyone tell me if removal leaves holes in the van (which obviously would have to be filled) or whether it is possible to remove them and maybe just leave some kind of fixing bar?
K

You should be able to just remove the rack and leave the mounting brackets on the van.

If you take the brackets off as well you will need to fill the holes, why remove the rack?

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Yep it will leave you with 8 holes in the back panel which in turn will have to be sealed against water ingress, my guess is they are wood screws cos the frame work behind the panel is timber. Cheers Rob W

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Yep it will leave you with 8 holes in the back panel which in turn will have to be sealed against water ingress, my guess is they are wood screws cos the frame work behind the panel is timber. Cheers Rob W

Rob

They are normally bolts as you have plates on the inside as well :thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
If anyone needs any instructions on Fiamma products, (bike racks to follow!) there are a number of videos to watch here.

Link Removed

Link Removed

Peter

SpongeBobsDad

Free Member
Sep 23, 2008
north east uk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
25 + yrs
use this page link for instructions

http://www.fiammastore.com/support

use drop down to get your type

Hi you should be able to lift the bike rack off and leave the fiings behind. there are usualy two fittings on the top which the rack hangs on to, and two at the bottom that the rack fits into. The bottom two fittings have a bolt and nut going through holding the rack to the fitting remove them pull the rack backwards out of the bottom fittings and lift it of the top fittings leaving the fitting mounts attatched to your van. I hope you can understand my explanation of how to remove your bike rack .:thumb:

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
We've a slightly different problem with our Fiamma rack, which is that our bikes are folding ones. This means that instead of a hoizontal, circular section crossbar, about 30 mm dia, there's a diagonal one, at a 30 degree slope,with an oval cross -section, about 70-80mm dia vertically and 30-40mm at right angles.

The existing rack doesn't want to fit this. any answers, please?

How do we

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
We've a slightly different problem with our Fiamma rack, which is that our bikes are folding ones. This means that instead of a hoizontal, circular section crossbar, about 30 mm dia, there's a diagonal one, at a 30 degree slope,with an oval cross -section, about 70-80mm dia vertically and 30-40mm at right angles.
The existing rack doesn't want to fit this. any answers, please?
How do we

Put a picture up or phone Glenn on Monday as ask him.

Peter

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
Thanks very much, Peter.

I'll try to get a photo of one of the bikes over the weekend, but the van is tucked up in its blanket - we've still got snow up in Glen Haggis.

OP
OP
calculad

calculad

Banned
Nov 14, 2009
Soft South
Funster No
MH
Van Con
Exp
You should be able to just remove the rack and leave the mounting brackets on the van.

If you take the brackets off as well you will need to fill the holes, why remove the rack?

Peter

Yes Peter. I was hopng to be able to remove just the rack and leave the brackets and not leave any holes in the van. It just wasn't obvious how to do it. Hopefully some of the other pointers will also be useful, although I don't know what the model is.
K

OP
OP
calculad

calculad

Banned
Nov 14, 2009
Soft South
Funster No
MH
Van Con
Exp
use this page link for instructions

http://www.fiammastore.com/support

use drop down to get your type

Thanks SandJ.
It doesn't quite look like any of these, but it's clearly the same manufacturer.
Do you know if there is any ID on the racks?
I will have another look tomorrow
regards
K

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
you could do what I did in France.
Drive at 60mph, hit a speed hump with Bikes attached. Arrive at site and bingo, no more BIke rack, fill the holes and job done:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::Blush:

Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
Folding Bikes on Bike rack

I have two folding bikes and use the seat post tubes (in place of a cross bar) with the Fiamma Bike Blocks as in photos - works very well

Attachments

• DSCN4447.jpg
    DSCN4447.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 54
  • DSCN4448.jpg
    DSCN4448.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 46
  • DSCN4450.jpg
    DSCN4450.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 51
  • DSCN4449.jpg
    DSCN4449.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 42
OP
OP
calculad

calculad

Banned
Nov 14, 2009
Soft South
Funster No
MH
Van Con
Exp
K

Oh dear. I just discovered it's a Thule Omnibike Sport (2 bikes short version)
Sorry gang.
Still can't get it off though. The end stops don't want to come off and I'm reluctant to force them. I reckon if i can get these off, all will be revealed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back