For an old brain everything is difficult..... (1 Viewer)

theGodfather

Free Member
Jan 19, 2010
Funster No
Well here goes...first post. Not quite a motorhomer yet but hope to be very soon. Brings me to my first problem. My husband and I have worked here in Spain for 21 years. We officially retire the 1st of April and plan to live our dreams in a large motorhome touring Europe and seeing a lot more of the kids back in the U.K. We have found a fantastic 30´American r.v on U.K plates. Our problem is how do we get insurance? We cannot insure in U.K because of residency laws and cannot find an insurer here in Spain that will insure us fully comp. Has anybody else had the same problem and if so do they have any solutions for us. Hope that all my future postings will be about our wonderful adventures to come. Maggie :thumb:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
A very warm welcome to Fun
:welcomefunster:

Not the best solution,proberbly the only one, but many travellers make one of their Kids homes their pace of residence, but of course are aaaaaaaaaallways out:RollEyes:
if you go that route find out wich one has the bennift of the best post code insurance wise
it could save you a packet
Geo

allie sommerville

Free Member
Dec 30, 2009
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
conversion
Exp
Sorry can't help, but enjoy your retirement and welcome to the site ::bigsmile:

You'll have great time touring!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
T

theGodfather

Free Member
Jan 19, 2010
Funster No
Post code lottery for insurance

A very warm welcome to Fun
:welcomefunster:

Not the best solution,proberbly the only one, but many travellers make one of their Kids homes their pace of residence, but of course are aaaaaaaaaallways out:RollEyes:
if you go that route find out wich one has the bennift of the best post code insurance wise
it could save you a packet
Geo

Thanks Geo for advice. I really have the old school mentality like telling the truth etc etc. but am beginning to realize though `its a new world´ out there and honesty does not always seem to pay . My main concern would be if anything were to happen on our extensive travels would the insurance be valid ? We would have to sign an insurance application form saying we were UK residents. Anyway if we do decide to go down that route, how do we determine which is the best postcode? Who would tell us or is there a website that we can check up on? All info greatfully received.
Maggie

kenspain

Free Member
May 22, 2009
Funster No
Well here goes...first post. Not quite a motorhomer yet but hope to be very soon. Brings me to my first problem. My husband and I have worked here in Spain for 21 years. We officially retire the 1st of April and plan to live our dreams in a large motorhome touring Europe and seeing a lot more of the kids back in the U.K. We have found a fantastic 30´American r.v on U.K plates. Our problem is how do we get insurance? We cannot insure in U.K because of residency laws and cannot find an insurer here in Spain that will insure us fully comp. Has anybody else had the same problem and if so do they have any solutions for us. Hope that all my future postings will be about our wonderful adventures to come. Maggie :thumb:

Try Zurich Insurance here in Spain they done my last motorhome here for me as long as its not more than 10 years old.hope this helps

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back