Truma Trouble (1 Viewer)

RoadstarLost

Free Member
Dec 25, 2009
Funster No
Can anyone please suggest where I can get my Truma water heater fixed? I am near Cheltenham with a leaking water heater after being frozen up in France. I cant even get the unit out of the van, is it fixed from outside maybe, at the vent? If I could find the leak, I might be able to repair it? Any suggestions would be most gratefully appreciated. Thank you.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Try Motorhome medics, they are in Cheltenham

Jim
:Smile:

Telephone

0044 (0)1452 856856

Mobiles/Cells

Darren 07791 130888
Martin 07976 414551

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
Not sure how far you are from Truma HQ near Derby but we went straight to them when we had a problem. Previously a dealer had quoted £400, Truma did the repair for £35, took them 2 hours whilst we enjoyed lunch in their staff restaurent

stew

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Not sure how far you are from Truma HQ near Derby but we went straight to them when we had a problem. Previously a dealer had quoted £400, Truma did the repair for £35, took them 2 hours whilst we enjoyed lunch in their staff restaurent

stew

That sounds the best option, go to the makers, well worth the time and diesel!

Peter

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
before they were invented
heater

hi, sorry about news, take the white cover off, outside this is, then the screws holding unit in place, sometimes an odd placed screw making 5, , from inside remove silver cover if you can, it makes life easier, remove both inlet and outlet water pipes, and the gas at junction, you may have a plug for electrics ,dont mean to be rude, but i drew a picture under the seat,, for electric, and water ,was i glad i did,, when i put it back,, slide whole thing out, needs 1 in , 1 out but its not heavy,, on the end of tank the end farthest in to van,, you will find a stupid little nut,, right in centre, on this fits a small washer,, bet this has split, they wear very easy,, my friend was quoted 350 for this job,, not all the jews live in israel, and i am not a mechanic,, but did this so easy,, went to a motor factors, and took old rubber washer/seal,they matched it up, 40 p,
when you put it back, dont over tighten, i stood mine up, filled it with water and did it up till water stopped dripping out,,, that was 2 years ago, mind you its leaked ever since,,,,, no sorry, it has been fine,, i wish you well, it realy is not that hard,

regards, froghopper
p s, bet someone on here lives close enough to give a hand :thumb::thumb:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
not all the jews live in israel,
regards, froghopper

p s, bet someone on here lives close enough to give a hand :thumb::thumb:

Just make sure he/she isnt a Jew then eh

Jim
:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
before they were invented
playing the race card

as i get up very early,, does that make me the morning dew :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back