Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Heres a challange to all you widely travelled funsters. Find us (2) a holiday in Europe.

We travel to Dunkirk at 4am on 17th July and return to Dover on 8th August, a total of 23 days.

Our original plan was spend a couple of nights in Valkenburg, Holland travel on to Munich for 2 nights and then travel on to the Venice area where we planned to spend 13 nights before heading back to Innsbruck for 2 nights then across to the Dijon area and on up to Dunkirk for the return to UK.

These plans are not set in stone and because we are unable to reserve anywhere we are virtually free to go anywhere.

This is where all you funsters come in to play, design us a good 23 day trip. Travel about 300miles each day. We want sea, sun and sand (not bothered about the other).

The only thing which is fixed are the ferry dates which are booked and paid for.

Come on, I challenge you.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Our original plan was spend a couple of nights in Valkenburg, Holland travel on to Munich for 2 nights and then travel on to the Venice area where we planned to spend 13 nights before heading back to Innsbruck for 2 nights then across to the Dijon area and on up to Dunkirk for the return to UK.

The only thing which is fixed are the ferry dates which are booked and paid for.

Pretty good plan. All I'd suggest is split Italy half Lake Garda and half Venice. You are driving past Garda anyway and it is so beautiful. It looks like Venice first then Garda, up the east side up the lovely Bremmer Pass to Innsbruck.

Masses of campsite on Garda and masses on Lido di Jesolo for Venice.

Love Valkenburg. Nothing nicer than sitting in the main street eating a massive pancake.

Munich has these green zones - is it worth the bother for 2 nights ?

Not much of a challenge.

ArenqueRojo

Free Member
Nov 10, 2008
Anywhere in Europe, so fa
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
13 years
I would add:
1. Stop off a night at Koblenz - Camping Rhein where the Rhine and Mosel meet right in the town
2. Miss Munich in favour of Camping Harras/Prien on Chiemsee lake - probably worth two nights. But then you could be tempted by the Austrian Lakes (Wolfgangsee etc. but lets no confuse the issue.
3. At Venice, try Camping Fusina - right on the lagoon side looking across to Venice and the ferry goes from just outside the camp gates. Campsite is not cheap though...
4. Agree with Hilldweller (Is that a first?) about Garda
5. Then go on to Lake Maggiore - the prettier lake of the two, IMHO, to Camp Parisi near Stresa where you just have to take the ferry to the islands.
6. Since you will have your vignette from Innsbruck, come back via Geneva.
7. After Dijon you will pass Troyes which is a nice place for a stopver at Camping Municipal de Troyes - it will set you up for having to come home again!
Whatever you do, I'm sure you will have fun
Patrick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

barnybg

Free Member
Jan 23, 2010
Bulgaria/Greece/Turkey/Wa
Funster No
MH
coahbuilt
Exp
ON and off 10 years but trav 25
Heres a big challenge

In brief,as its late for me,if you like the idea,then a more detailed post but follow Italy down coming in from Germany(munchen) or France/Switzerland to Gerona-Rimini-Ancona to Bari...Ferry overnight in camper on top deck to Igoumenitsa (Greece)across Motorway to Thessaloniki,all along coast to Alexandropoli,then up to Bulgaria(or cut up to Bulgaria from Kavala through mountain pass) through Bulgaria to either Romania or Serbia,then part of Hungary,Austria,Germany and home !!! Phew..:thumb:

ArenqueRojo

Free Member
Nov 10, 2008
Anywhere in Europe, so fa
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
13 years
Puzzled -- Innsbruck Austria, Geneva Switzerland. Do they share a single vignette ?
No of course they don't, Hilldweller, unless you are as dosy as I am getting:Doh:
Seems I get up about three hours before I wake up these days:Eeek:
Thanks
Patrick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back