Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
Hi All

Hope i will not get in to trouble for this. we needed a tonneau cover for our GMC Sierra with an 8ft bed. We tried most suppliers of these american made covers ie Extang. including extang suppliers in the UK, who it seems only supply Covers for Euro Pickups.

I then found americanvehicleparts.co.uk who said that they could get the part for me (Extang Trifecta Tonneau Cover GMC 2500HD 8ft Bed. It would take upto 3 weeks to arrive from states. So on 4th Jan ordered said item and sat back to wait for 3 weeks on 11th Jan had a phone call from Mark at americanvehicleparts to say that the item had arrived and would be delivered to me on 12th Jan and it was.

Excellent Company & Service

:thumb: ant & debs

Only down side cost was £600 but keeps the snow and water out the bed!

Attachments

• tri.jpg
    tri.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 140

robrobc

Free Member
Oct 16, 2008
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
None Now
Exp
5+
That is a nice looking tonneau cover.

£600 is quite reasonable IMHO.
One question though.........is it lockable?

Thanks

Rob

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Ant and Debs
I have found that when I have ordered American spares or accessories for this and my previous RV they have arrived promptly and at a fair price considering their source.
On the other hand when getting parts for Euro manufactured cars they seem to take an age to get, dunno why

Larry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Ant&Debs

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
That is a nice looking tonneau cover.

£600 is quite reasonable IMHO.
One question though.........is it lockable?

Thanks

Rob

Hi Rob

Its a goodun takes seconds to put on and no push studs just 4 clamps 2 at front and 2 at rear, there is a way to put padlocks into pulldown clips. so hopefully do the job. Any luck with your rig yet? We have just moved into a Holiday Bungalow in
Bexhill on Sea for 2 weeks as our static site is shut for 6 weeks , hoping to pick up unit in 2 weeks then head down to spain.

Regards

Ant & Debs:RollEyes:

robrobc

Free Member
Oct 16, 2008
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
None Now
Exp
5+
Hi Rob

Its a goodun takes seconds to put on and no push studs just 4 clamps 2 at front and 2 at rear, there is a way to put padlocks into pulldown clips. so hopefully do the job. Any luck with your rig yet? We have just moved into a Holiday Bungalow in
Bexhill on Sea for 2 weeks as our static site is shut for 6 weeks , hoping to pick up unit in 2 weeks then head down to spain.

Regards

Ant & Debs:RollEyes:

Well I have had interest in both the 5'er and the pick up, in fact I have got some folks coming over next weekend to view the 5'er.
Not been able to get on to the storage site due to snow but should be good for next weekend.
As usual I have loads of watchers on ebay, :Doh: but if they are interested they need to get a move on as I am coming under pressure to sort out funding for our place in Portugal and I will strike a deal very quickly.

Regarding the pick up, I am not sure I want to sell it after the way it has behaved in the snow, it has been just fantastic, I have got through depths of snow that I really did not expect to. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

I am thinking of getting it "wrapped" and keeping it. Will let you know how that goes.......I bet you can't wait to get going now.

Regards to you both

Rob

OP
OP
Ant&Debs

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
Well I have had interest in both the 5'er and the pick up, in fact I have got some folks coming over next weekend to view the 5'er.
Not been able to get on to the storage site due to snow but should be good for next weekend.
As usual I have loads of watchers on ebay, :Doh: but if they are interested they need to get a move on as I am coming under pressure to sort out funding for our place in Portugal and I will strike a deal very quickly.

Regarding the pick up, I am not sure I want to sell it after the way it has behaved in the snow, it has been just fantastic, I have got through depths of snow that I really did not expect to. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

I am thinking of getting it "wrapped" and keeping it. Will let you know how that goes.......I bet you can't wait to get going now.

Regards to you both

Rob

You gotta keep it mate. You'll be sorry, Theres a 5ver toy hauler on ebay at the moment on for second week. Ridgeset RV were also selling on their site wanted 16 Grand they reput it on ebay again this week. i email for the reserve price 10 Grand! Bloody sods law :ROFLMAO: You thought about paul at Crosscountry he rents them out? for TV and stuff.

We cant wait to get going

Ant & Debs

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

robrobc

Free Member
Oct 16, 2008
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
None Now
Exp
5+
You gotta keep it mate. You'll be sorry, Theres a 5ver toy hauler on ebay at the moment on for second week. Ridgeset RV were also selling on their site wanted 16 Grand they reput it on ebay again this week. i email for the reserve price 10 Grand! Bloody sods law :ROFLMAO: You thought about paul at Crosscountry he rents them out? for TV and stuff.

We cant wait to get going

Ant & Debs

I bet you cannot wait after this atrocious weather.:thumb:

I am in discussion with Paul, ideally I want to sell outright, so am considering various offers and things.
I am going to find it tough to sell the pick up, again in the melt water today it has been fantastic. I did not believe it could wade that deep, best go and hose it down methinks ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Rob

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi All
Hope i will not get in to trouble for this. we needed a tonneau cover for our GMC Sierra with an 8ft bed. We tried most suppliers of these american made covers ie Extang. including extang suppliers in the UK, who it seems only supply Covers for Euro Pickups.

You never get in trouble on Fun for being helpfull to other Funsters:thumb:

Peter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back