12v Socket in Cab (1 Viewer)

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
Our Rapido709f has a 12v Socket in the Cab which runs independantly of the ignition. The existing socket broke and I have bought a replacement. However, I can't get power to the Socket now. I have checked all the fuses in the Handbook but all are testing ok. Any ideas where there might be another fuse?

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Our Rapido709f has a 12v Socket in the Cab which runs independantly of the ignition. The existing socket broke and I have bought a replacement. However, I can't get power to the Socket now. I have checked all the fuses in the Handbook but all are testing ok. Any ideas where there might be another fuse?

In line? You may be able to pick it up from a wiring diagram.

Did you check both handbook for Vehicle & motor home converter? I have two sets of fuses one for each.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

Odd I replied to this before ??

Anyway - could you have reversed the wires and what you are plugging in does not like it ?

Our 2003 Fiat has both cab sockets switched by ignition. A pain for phone charging.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mr Colpot
Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
Brian
I have measured the voltage across the wires - but there is none so I am assuming there is a fuse. Tried with 12v haidryer which works fine in socket in rear of van.

Keith
Have checked fuses in cab and habitation. The one I thought it might be - "front outlet" in the cab fuse box is ok.

Thanks

TheNice's

Free Member
Jan 17, 2010
Funster No
Brian
I have measured the voltage across the wires - but there is none so I am assuming there is a fuse. Tried with 12v haidryer which works fine in socket in rear of van.

Keith
Have checked fuses in cab and habitation. The one I thought it might be - "front outlet" in the cab fuse box is ok.

Thanks

Just A thought was it working before You said it Broke your the power coming out and what did you mean by BROKE also you made statement The one I thought it might be - "front outlet" in the cab fuse box is ok. Question has it got power to both side's of fuse with fuse in or 1 side only with fuse out Hope that makes sense.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mr Colpot
Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
The Nice's
It worked perfectly well - powered the Satnav without the ignition on. It broke when I was a little heavy handed inserting the plug and managed to push the back of the socket off! I bought a replacement socket from a Marine Shop which looks fairly robust. I am geussing that when the back fell off it shorted on the metal frame and blew the fuse.
Will check power on the front outlet fuse when I get back home
Thanks

Last edited:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Brian

Keith

Thanks

Here is what my 2003 manual says:
==========================
The operation of both is controlled by dedicated relays and protected by fuses located in the underfacia control unit. The direct battery power supply is enabled only with the ignition key ON (INT/A). This strategy has been adopted to provide the engine with maximum power during ignition, due to the high potential power uptake by appliances connected to the point.

The power supply to cigar lighter P050 is protected by fuse F44 housed in underfacia junction unit B002, and is governed by relay T12, also located in the junction unit.

When the ignition switch H001 is turned ON (INT/A), relay coil T12 is excited to deliver power to cigar lighter P050 - pin 2 -.
The power supply to power point P051 is protected by fuse F53 housed in underfacia junction unit B002, and is governed by relay T01, also located in the junction unit. When the ignition switch H001 is turned ON (INT/A), relay coil T01 is excited to deliver power to cigar lighter P051 - pin 2 -.
The coils of both relays are served by a line protected by fuse F31 and supply power directly from the battery, via a line protected by fuse F01, housedin engine bay junction unit B001.
Cigar lighter P050 and power point P051 come with internal lighting - pin 3 - that comes on when the side lights are activated. The activation input comes from short-circuit junction D097C - pins 5 and 7 -, connected to ignition switch H001 (POS
=================================

If yours is powered all the time than it may have been modified and you are on your own. I wonder if some DIYer has crimped the feed to some other live feed and you've pulled it off when doing the repair ?????

TheNice's

Free Member
Jan 17, 2010
Funster No
re cigar lighter out let

If yours is powered all the time than it may have been modified and you are on your own. I wonder if some DIYer has crimped the feed to some other live feed and you've pulled it off when doing the repair ?????

Brian I think you have hit the nail on the head with that comment:thumb:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003

Or the DIY'er put an in-line fuse in?

Mine didn't have a powered socket with the engine not running, so I fitted an extra one. Connected direct to the battery and fitted a new fuse in-line so as not to interfere with the existing electrical system.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back