Camping Roquetas near Almeria? (1 Viewer)

Nov 10, 2008
Forest Row, East Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
Hi,
Anyone stayed there?
We are at Marjal atm and looking to move because it's pretty expensive and they (the local council) have decided to dig up all the local paths so no cycling unless we use roads.
JK

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
Hi
If you are on acsi try Cabo De Gata (almeria) first,it is more rural than roquetas but not so run down. If you do not have acsi short stays can be expensive
Wanderer

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pendy

Free Member
Oct 9, 2008
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
3 yrs
Hi we haven't stayed on the site itself but a hotel along the esplanade, I took the opportunity to have a look, and got chatting to an english couple staying on there, at that time there wasn't any amenities I don't know if that has changed since but it is a very nice clean area (apart from the dog mess) we visited Cabo de Gata when we were staying in Mojacar, nice place, lovely beaches and warm se. Highly recommended, it was here we got chatting to a Danish couple travelling Europe with their 2 children that we got the bug to buy our M/H we never looked back.:roflmto:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi
If you are on acsi try Cabo De Gata (almeria) first,it is more rural than roquetas
Wanderer

Lovely site but rural does not do it justice, only the moon is more rural. I'd go mad there.

Mind you, I could go mad anywhere.

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Roqutes de mar has flat graveled pitches. You are normally allocated a double pitch in the winter. Facilities OK. Spanish bar on site. Cash machine on site. WiFi not free but reasonable.

Pete

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Hi,
Anyone stayed there?
We are at Marjal atm and looking to move because it's pretty expensive and they (the local council) have decided to dig up all the local paths so no cycling unless we use roads.
JK

No pleasing some people,, gratefull or what..

The council go to all the trouble of putting mountain bike tracks/trails in and folk do nowt but moan.. :winky: :ROFLMAO:

Try La-Manga John,, not to bad a site and lots of flat cycling out to the end of the strip/bar.. quite a nice bar through the gate at the bottom of the site and more or less on the beach.. :thumb:

If you do go for a look, park in the car park on the left of the entrance and have a walk in past reception and the supermarket and look for an empty plot on the road on the left.. dont let them put you on an internal plot with your rig, (some are dead awkward to get to.)

Cannot remember what the cost was off hand. but a few weeks was enough for us cos of Paul. But where you both like cycling it would probably suit,, cannot remember his avtar name,, but a member who I have or was in contact with phoned just before we came back and said he was there,, his name was Alan.

Enjoy yourselves, & Love to Tricia.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back