cross channel ferries, which take tesco vouchers please. (1 Viewer)

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
I may be wrong Rodger, but I believe that the ferry companies no longer accept Tesco vouchers. I am sure that Eurotunnel does though.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
heres the list from the tesco website roger......looks like only the tunnel and stena lines take 'em for europe.
plenty to ireland and the IOW.

Link Removed

also read this as a first time user.

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
I dont know whether I'm being pedantic or just thick here, but could somebody please explain to me how the system works (especially with regard to Eurotunnel)
I've heard of Tesco Club card, cos SWMBO is fanatical about using it.
I've just read in this thread of Tescos VOUCHERS.
So, given that I know that SWMBO must have a skipfull of Club points, how do we convert them into a nice cheap tunnel ticket?
Ta

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I dont know whether I'm being pedantic or just thick here, but could somebody please explain to me how the system works (especially with regard to Eurotunnel)
So, given that I know that SWMBO must have a skipfull of Club points, how do we convert them into a nice cheap tunnel ticket?
Ta
see pappajohns post below
Link Removed

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Ta

contact tesco to convert your clubcard points into travel tokens...£10 of points = £40 of tokens.

About this reward

Taking your own vehicle to the continent, gives you the flexibility and freedom to truly enjoy your break away. It takes just 35 minutes for Eurotunnel to shuttle you from Folkestone to Calais, making it the fastest channel crossing. Which means you spend less time getting there and more time enjoying your final destination.
With no worries about rough seas or high winds delaying your journey, you can sit back and relax knowing that Eurotunnel is the most reliable way to cross the Channel. It is the most frequent too, with up to 4 departures an hour at peak periods. And with direct links to the motorway networks of the UK and the Continent, crossing with Eurotunnel couldn't be easier.
Check-In
Please ensure you check in at least 30 minutes before your booked departure time and not more than 2 hours before.
This gives you just enough time to drive through security checks, the French and British frontier controls, the boarding lanes and safely onto the shuttle before departure.
How this reward works…
Did you know? - Travel Tokens can be used for any travel company in rewards, or for any rewards that aren’t “buy in full”.
1. Choose how much in Clubcard vouchers you’d like to exchange, on the right, and then click ‘add to basket’.
- any change from your vouchers will be credited to your Clubcard Account.
2. We’ll post you Travel Tokens and details on how to use them, within 5 working days of your order being placed.
3. You must have ordered and received your Travel Tokens before you book with the tour operator.
- you will be required to state the value of your rewards tokens and may be required to provide the serial number on each Token.
4. You must book with the tour operator at least 14 days before you travel.
5. Travel Tokens can be used as full or part payment for your trip.
– you can top them up with cash.
- no change is given from Travel Tokens
6. You can find out more about this reward by looking at the PDF, below (Additional information).

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Thanks chaps. So, it sounds like I'm being pedantic. Just to clarify, for my slow brain!......

Points and vouchers are one and the same thing?
The VOUCHERS are then exchanged for TOKENS at 4 to 1.

Like I say, not wishing to be pedantic, just confused between POINTS, VOUCHERS & TOKENS

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
if you arent already registered then you need to do so.

to make it a little easier go to Link Removed

then click 'clubcard rewards'

scroll to the reward you want ie: eurotunnel then click it.

on the right of this page is red and blue banner.....adjust the points to convert and add to basket.

click 'clubcard checkout' button.

take it from there

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks chaps. So, it sounds like I'm being pedantic. Just to clarify, for my slow brain!......

Points and vouchers are one and the same thing?
The VOUCHERS are then exchanged for TOKENS at 4 to 1.

Like I say, not wishing to be pedantic, just confused between POINTS, VOUCHERS & TOKENS

you get points instore on your card.

tesco send out vouchers when requested to spend.

instead of requesting vouchers you ask for travel tokens.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Took my RV through the tunnel in 2007 on vouchers, LPG domestic tank fine, running on LPG NO sadly.

Autoquest

Free Member
Oct 13, 2008
Small EU backwater
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
You get 1 point for every pound spent in Tescos if using a clubcard
You get 1 point for every four pounds spent elsewhere if using a clubcard creditcard
Each point equals 0.001p so 100 points equals one pound equals one voucher

Tescos are doing a double points deal at the moment so £1=2 points (+1 for a creditcard)

Every quarter Tescos send you your vouchers

Vouchers can be exchanged for reward tokens at the rate of one to four so £10 of vouchers equals £40 of reward tokens:Smile:

Which means that if you book early enough you can get two return trips to France for free during the summer.::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back