Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
For the past 6 or so years, we,ve been using Lafuma recliner chairs and apart from a quick wipe down, they're almost as good as the day we bought them.::bigsmile:
I WISH I COULD SAY THE SAME FOR ALL THE FLIPPIN CAMPING TABLES WE'VE HAD IN THAT TIME!!!!::Doh:
We're going through 1 per season and every single one of them has been PANTS and looked like a right heap of the proverbial come season end!:Angry:

So, can anyone recomend a good, lightweight, collapsable and durable camping table, usually for 2 people but 4 on occasion. Preferably in aluminium and preferably without those stupid laminated chipboard tops that soak up water and swell like you've fed 'em yeast!:Doh:

Ta::bigsmile:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
My misses bought an aluminium one from fleabay,, it`s aluminium and has a work surface of approx 1 metre square the legs sort of fold up and the top rolls up and it all fits in a neat bag,, had a look but cannot find the seller but I am sure if you write in the search fold up alluminium table you will find some.. :thumb:

Used it quite a lot and no signs of wear or falling to pieces.. yet. She has used it with a cloth on as an ironing board.. :thumb:

OP
OP
zaskar

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
My misses bought an aluminium one from fleabay,, :

Is that the one where the top is made up of alluminium slats about 2" wide and held together with elastic cords?
If so, I've seen these but was worried about durability?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Heard nothing bad about these, had mine 3 years plus and still going strong, all aluminium and table top is like a ladder construction and rolls up to fit bag about £35 quidish
Geo

Attachments

• 30040.jpg
    30040.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 39

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years
For the past 6 or so years, we,ve been using Lafuma recliner chairs and apart from a quick wipe down, they're almost as good as the day we bought them.::bigsmile:
I WISH I COULD SAY THE SAME FOR ALL THE FLIPPIN CAMPING TABLES WE'VE HAD IN THAT TIME!!!!::Doh:
We're going through 1 per season and every single one of them has been PANTS and looked like a right heap of the proverbial come season end!:Angry:

So, can anyone recomend a good, lightweight, collapsable and durable camping table, usually for 2 people but 4 on occasion. Preferably in aluminium and preferably without those stupid laminated chipboard tops that soak up water and swell like you've fed 'em yeast!:Doh:

I've had one of these for about 6 years now. It's been one of my best buys.:thumb:

They also do bigger ones but I'd personally have 2 of these instead.

Link Removed

G

Guy

Deleted User
Heard nothing bad about these, had mine 3 years plus and still going strong, all aluminium and table top is like a ladder construction and rolls up to fit bag about £35 quidish
Geo
Have the square version - use it inside the motorhome (after dumping the pool table that is standard in a Bessacar) as well as outside - had it over 3 years, splendid device. Try Argos or good camping shop.:Cool:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
That's the ones Geo, good & durable with no wood in the construction.

Had ours for 3 years now & it still cleans up like new & is very light. :thumb:

Most Caravan shops sell them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
zaskar

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Geo

You surely didn't order from Aus' ? :ROFLMAO:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Geo same here good solid table no problems with it. :Smile:

Would say you were lucky with your Lafuma chairs ours have been rubbish we have been given 2 sets of new seats were the stitching came undone twice a real hassle when we were in Morocco and no way of sorting out. Now out of frustration we have taken them to a car seat repairer and had different material stitched and fitted to them. :Sad:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Is that the one where the top is made up of alluminium slats about 2" wide and held together with elastic cords?
If so, I've seen these but was worried about durability?

Thats the one mate,, taken some stick and we have had a gas bar-b-q on it which used to lift (because of the under heat) the laminate up..

Wipes down ok and looks as good as new.. :thumb:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Thats the one.. the one Peter has shown above my last entry. :thumb:

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
I like the look of the double.

Had a single but gave it to my daughter. I like a table that I tuck my knees under when having brekky / lunch / whatever and that smaller square one's leg braces prevented that. Other than that it seemed quite sturdy for something so lightweight and compact.

John

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
table

you have had lots of posts on his subject but you are not having my table!!I bought it in East Berlin in 1988 and its still as good as new bar for a few scratches and dents The wife hates it but no way am I getting rid of it, built like a Soviet tank but still light weight and has been everywhere with us :Eeek:Good luck

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Had ours for yonks ( a single ) but last knockings of last year it blew away !!
Chased it down after it had cleared a hedge and managed to jam its self under a static..
Only damage was two of the plastic clips had broken .. I COULD simply replace the two clips but think it is a good excuse to upgrade to the double ..:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back