Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Very nice, but even if they did bring them in, I bet I still couldn't afford one :cry::Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
They look very American proper piece of kit....and I think I'm right in saying they are usualy built on super efficient Japanese Mitsubushi and Isusu chassis

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Luvverly. I wonder how much they are? Or the hire prices?

They do everything for living and outdoor living so well in Oz!

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Luvverly. I wonder how much they are? Or the hire prices?

They do everything for living and outdoor living so well in Oz!

They do , but dont be sucked in to the wanted down under malarkey.
We nearly emigrated, went through with the visas etc. With us having a small building comp, we were on the wanted list.
When we went on a reccie we hired a camper van and toured around Adelaide. Our chosen destination, for 3 weeks without the kids.
We were very surprised at the prices of the very basic caravans, let alone M.H's
They were much more expensive than over here, old fashioned 70's floral draylon type interiors and way out of our price league. The Oz folk loved the caravans and motor homes in our c.c.c.monthly and couldn't believe how cheap and modern they were !!
A motor home would definitely have had to stay a dream ,if we'd have emigrated. We'd have been hard pushed to afford a caravan on the wages Ralph could earn out there.
So these Beauties will be very expensive, I'm sure.
Needles to say we didn't make the move,
As the saying goes "same sh:whatthe:t shinier bucket"
Bev

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
........................So these Beauties will be very expensive, I'm sure.
Bev

Very true!
A couple of years ago, when I ran an A class yank, I found out, quite by accident, that Winnebago's are also manufactured in Aus' in right hand drive form.
I rang Travelworld and asked them why on earth we had to put up with left hookers when RHD was available?
The story I was told, was that "somebody" started manufacturing the rigs in RHD form in Aus' "using" the Winnebago brand name.
Winnebago USA found out about this and went berserk. Somehow an agreement was reached whereby they could still be manufactured for thier own internal market but must NOT be exported.
End of conversation with TW was that even if they could be exported to the UK, it simply wouldn't be worth is cos Aus' RV prices are so ludicrously expensive!

Dont know how true all this is, but thats what TW told me.

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
If they can withstand Aussie bush 'roads' they will be built REALLY strong, there is no way I would expect to bring our 5er back (except in a box) if we did a serious bush trip !!!!!!
Take a look at s/hand prices :cry::cry:
Nigel

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Well I was neither thinking of emigrating nor buying one LOL

My sis, niece and nephew ie all my close family, live in QLD. Sis and BIL often go walkabout with their cvan and 4WD, last time we went was for nieces wedding - and first time since they left 11 yrs ago - no 12 now! - so we only did day trips with them, but just thinking about 'next time'.

Alternative is to get there and buy a small tent etc and go with them - which would be good as they will have already reccied it, but it's not very adventurous, if we were gonna tent it and do our own thing - hire a car, then we'd need the full kit esp the very necessary esky and cooking, eating etc implements - as neither of the 'kids' are interested in camping etc. - so in the finish could even be cheaper to hire a mhome if we want to strike out on our own.

Alternative I spose is to ship a selection of our own kit out and back later as freight ......

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back