Free Member
May 3, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
1st year
Well, when i say not that cold I mean not as cold as in the UK apparently.

We are still in Southern Brittany having had our LPG hose replaced by the dealers at Queven. Many thanks to Rob at Gaslow for sorting us out!

Few pics from the travels so far:

Welcome to Calais

Paked up at Plouha

Mont St. Michel

We are stopping in Port Louis at the moment and intend to move into the Pays de Loire tomorrow, head further south until we hit Spain and then carry on south until we hit the sea! All going well so far despite a few teething problems with the van.

Read about it in my blog, linked below.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Steve lucky devils wish we were on the road. Photos look good, did you fiddle with the one of the motorhome?

OP
OP
stevegreen

stevegreen

Free Member
May 3, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
1st year
Don't feel left out, according to France24, the weather is on its way to you :thumb:

Rgds

I think you may well be right according to the local papers they have had some serious snow quite close to where we are but we have seen none if it, so far!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
stevegreen

stevegreen

Free Member
May 3, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
1st year
Hi Steve lucky devils wish we were on the road. Photos look good, did you fiddle with the one of the motorhome?

The only thing I did with that one was to desaturate the yellows to get rid of the horrible yellow cast that the lights gave, I assume you noticed that from the strange looking rear number plate ;)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
The only thing I did with that one was to desaturate the yellows to get rid of the horrible yellow cast that the lights gave, I assume you noticed that from the strange looking rear number plate ;)

Yes , it looks to have increased the brightness of the motor home in relation to the remainder of the pic. The effect is good.

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Get the bastard banned from the photo comp !!!

I know of this young man.....He is / was a professional photographer !!!!
and his wife is good looking too !!! enuff sed...ban him and ban him NOW !!!
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Better have a Pro section especially for Steve. I only have a Digital Box Brownie, and thought Photoshop was where I got my Playboy mags :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Wow what wonderful photos steve,

I know your a pro but why not give us all a little insight in to how you took these, ie camera and a few basic guides to get a good photo.

The second one is tremendous. Its a shame that you have been banned from the photo comp, :cry:

I just heard it on my pm. Apparantly its only open to people under the age of 42 with cameras costing less than £200, never mind maybe next year Jim will allow you in. :thumb:

Have fun Steve we are on our way over in just 29 days.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Just had another look . The second photo is absolutely ace. Well done. That could be placed on any motor-home magazine.

Do you sell these for money? if not you should do, that would make a great advert in the hymer catalogue.

john-A

Free Member
Dec 6, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Laika
Exp
n/a
Well, when i say not that cold I mean not as cold as in the UK apparently.

We are still in Southern Brittany having had our LPG hose replaced by the dealers at Queven. Many thanks to Rob at Gaslow for sorting us out!

Few pics from the travels so far:

Welcome to Calais
http://www.flickr.com/photos/steve_green/4225227810/

Paked up at Plouha

Mont St. Michel
http://www.flickr.com/photos/steve_green/4253419721/

We are stopping in Port Louis at the moment and intend to move into the Pays de Loire tomorrow, head further south until we hit Spain and then carry on south until we hit the sea! All going well so far despite a few teething problems with the van.

Read about it in my blog, linked below.
Put it in the poto comp you are sure to win:thumb:

OP
OP
stevegreen

stevegreen

Free Member
May 3, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
1st year
I know of this young man.....He is / was a professional photographer !!!!
and his wife is good looking too !!! enuff sed...ban him and ban him NOW !!!
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
#

Now Now Stephen, stop stirring it up! I'm not nor have ever been a professional, I used to sell newspapers not take the photos for them :Smile:

Wow what wonderful photos steve,

I know your a pro but why not give us all a little insight in to how you took these, ie camera and a few basic guides to get a good photo. ..........

Have fun Steve we are on our way over in just 29 days.

See above re: being a pro! :winky:

I use a Canon 5D and Canon lenses but thats incidental really, any camera can take shots like these you just need to know the manual settings, get it off the dreaded green AUTO and use the camera properly. If you want a good book on photography and you are a beginner then you could do a lot worse than [ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Understanding-Exposure-Photographs-Digital-Camera/dp/0817463003/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1263131334&sr=8-1]Understanding Exposure[/ame] by Bryan Peterson.

Where are you heading?

Just had another look . The second photo is absolutely ace. Well done. That could be placed on any motor-home magazine.

Do you sell these for money? if not you should do, that would make a great advert in the hymer catalogue.

I wish! :Eeek:

Put it in the poto comp you are sure to win:thumb:

Banned before even trying by the looks of it ::bigsmile:

Anyway, i have updated my blog now thanks to a free wi-fi connection in Noirmoutier, on an aire that isn't in the Vicarious book! :whatthe:

Thanks for all the comments on the photos, much appreciated.

OP
OP
stevegreen

stevegreen

Free Member
May 3, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
1st year
A photo from today... in A wrecked boat against the sunset at L'Aiguillon Sur Mer in France.

4267246306_f3902fc3be.jpg

Blog updated too :)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Mont St. Michel
Hi Steve, smashing piccies.

That was the result I was hoping for when I took photos of Le Mont, illuminated at night.

It didn't "quite" turn out the same as your image though, and I think it is beyond anything "Photoshop" could ever do for it. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Have a great time,

Cheers,

Jock.

Attachments

• 100_0499.jpg
    100_0499.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 35

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope

I know I am not what you might call an experienced motorhomer but after having read pretty much all the posts on fun for the last six months I feel I am qualified to say this.......

may I suggest that you STOP slightly BEFORE you hit the sea ?

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
As a former editor, amongst other sins, I must say the photos are stunning - but in the same role, is 'Paked up' an acceptable typing error, or an excuse for racist jokes?

Is the van full of paying illegal immigrants ready for the crossing, who'll think they've arrived in Britain? Watch it on your return, Steve, Immigration might be after you...

wildbri

Free Member
Dec 16, 2009
Funster No
Just had an email from my friend who lives in the Lot area, Monquc, and he says the are deep in snow, just looks like the UK photos he has seen, also I see they are skiing on San Sebastion beach. Regards bri

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
In the Charente it has been colder than uk except Scotland most days, but very little snow, today it is raining, but very cold south easterly wind. :Cool:

lost-a-spanner

Free Member
Dec 28, 2009
Port Ste Foy et Ponchapt
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Aye-up... Just a thought for you .......If in the Pyrenees there is much snow you are obliged to use snow chains!!!!! Hope you've got some with you ???? Most motorshops and supermarkets stock them at a very reasonable cost... Better for the motor than unsociable salt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
stevegreen

stevegreen

Free Member
May 3, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
1st year
Hi all,

Still in France and have updated my blog with some more words, ignore any spelling mistakes as the posts are being done on my iTouch.

Unfortunately my laptop has given up the ghost and it's only four months old! Lost my photos of Oradour sur Glane and other places which I am gutted about. Need to get a new hard drive in it which will void the warranty but HP were absolutely no help whatsoever when I phoned them yesterday....Grrrrr

Anyway, if you fancy a laugh at my misfortune then have a look at the blog :)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
what shame about your laptop. Do you want to borrow my photos of Oradour?

Loving your blog and photos by the way.

We are off to France really really soon.

OP
OP
stevegreen

stevegreen

Free Member
May 3, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
1st year
what shame about your laptop. Do you want to borrow my photos of Oradour?

Loving your blog and photos by the way.

We are off to France really really soon.

thanks for the offer but it just wouldn't be the same. Hopefully I will be able to recover some of them either off the faulty hard drive or from my memory cards, if not then I can't worry too much, will just have to go back on our way back through France in May/June :)

We have still not had any snow suprisingly, though we have seen a bit through the Dordogne. Off to Begerac later on then back to the Atlantic coast and the dunes of Pilat.

We may make Spain by the end of the month though I doubt it will be that soon at our current pace!

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Link Removed

Just in case you want to know how roads are in this area (Andorra)

Scroll down till you can see the tool bar at the bottom of the screen, then click on "activar cameres". You'll have a pretty good idea whether you can make it or not. At the moment roads are clear and nice scenary with snow on the mountains.

Then under the map you have little images , click on the "Ariege" one and you'll see if the access is alright too. At the moment the only prob is the RN 320 but not because of the snow but because the road is probably damaged and is being repaired.... may be previous weather damages.

Hope it helps

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:

OP
OP
stevegreen

stevegreen

Free Member
May 3, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
1st year
Strangely the laptop started working a few days after...........I didn't do anything, honest!!!

Anyway, finally managed to get up to date on things now, here are a few more pics.

Oradour sur Glane

Beynac et Cazenac

Dunes of Pilat

Mimizan Plage

Not far from the Spanish borders now!! :clap:

Blog updated too, linked below.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Excellent photos Steve. :thumb:

When we called in to vistit Scotjimland (Jim, Jan & Charlotte) at Mimizan Plage, I never got further than the wooden hut at the top of the steps from the Aire. The wind was gale force, and the sand was horizontal, but in mid air. :ROFLMAO:
Sadly we had to move on before decent weather returned.

Where are you heading for after Spain?

Safe travels,

Jock.

OP
OP
stevegreen

stevegreen

Free Member
May 3, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
1st year
Hi all,

We made the progression into Spain a few days ago and though we had 25 degrees on the second day it has rained pretty much since :(

Some more from the journey so far.

Biarritz

Biarritz Surfer

St. Jean de Luz

Hondarribia (from Hendaye Plage)

Cabarceno

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH