Control panel swift sundance 630L (1 Viewer)

sophiesundance

Free Member
Jan 1, 2010
where my motorhome is
Funster No
Exp
18months
Hi please can anyone tell me if the green light by the tap icon on the control panel NE 183.03 should stay on all the time to show the water pump is on or does the light go out to save power?

mopauline

Free Member
Sep 27, 2008
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
3 Years
We have a Swift Bolero and our 'light' goes out after about 30-60 secons presumably to save power:Smile:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Hi please can anyone tell me if the green light by the tap icon on the control panel NE 183.03 should stay on all the time to show the water pump is on or does the light go out to save power?

My 630g Suntor has a light and it indicates that the power is on to the pump but is not and indication of when the pump is actualy on or not.

Doug...

SwiftGroup

Free Member
Jan 10, 2008
Funster No
Hi Sophiesundance,

As has been said, the Green LED simply indicates that there is power to the pump circuit, and does not actually indicate the pump is running.

The LED (and in fact the entire panel) should go to "sleep" after 50 seconds of inactivity, to save the annoyance of having LED lights on at night. With the panel is “sleep” mode, the functions are still active, including the water pump.

I hope that helps.

Ash

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
sophiesundance

sophiesundance

Free Member
Jan 1, 2010
where my motorhome is
Funster No
Exp
18months
Thanx that has narrowed it down. My real problem is my water pump only works when it feels like it, I turn on the tap sometimes I get water straight away but most of the time I have to wait. I brought my Sundance new in June 08 in November 08 it packed up I finally had a new one fitted by the dealer in Sept 09 it worked for 1 month then packed up again with the same problem I find it had to believe its another faulty pump it must be something else, I have been talking to other Swift owners to see if I can narrow down the problem. Im in Spain at present travelling to Portugal. I am a lady travelling alone

SwiftGroup

Free Member
Jan 10, 2008
Funster No
Hi Sophiesundance,

It is unusual for pumps to intermittently work, normally they either work, or don't.

The symptoms you have described could be caused by three possibilities:

1) A loose 12V connection somewhere in the pump system (the green LED on the control panel would remain lit, even if power was not actually getting to the pump).

2) A restriction in the plumbing system, causing back-pressure on the pump, which is fooling the pressure switch.

3) An incorrectly adjusted pressure switch. Based on the age of your vehicle, you would either have a Shur-Flo or Flo-Jet pump fitted, but I would suggest that the adjustment of the pressure switch would be the most likely cause of the your issue. Even with a new pump, as the pump wears, the switch does sometimes require adjustment to compensate.

Adjustment of the pressure switch is quiet easy, but it does require use of a screwdriver and possibly a pair of pliers. If this is something you feel you can do in Spain, please drop me a PM with your e-mail address, and I'll mail you the instructions on how to do this. If not, it is a simple task for any Swift dealer to do, when you return.

However, I would add that while water should flow from the tap immediately, when opened, it is normal for the pump to take 1-2 seconds to start.

I hope that helps.

Ash

OP
OP
sophiesundance

sophiesundance

Free Member
Jan 1, 2010
where my motorhome is
Funster No
Exp
18months
Thanx Ash thats a great help and since im a dab hand with screwdriver and pliers I would like you to mail me the intructions as the pressure switch has been mentioned before. My pump is a Flo jet and the water can take anything up to 5 minutes by the that time I have given up and used the watercontainer. But sadly im not that computer literateon this site as I have only joined and dont know how to send a PM (does that mean personal message) to you with my email address.

Kind regards Sophie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
dont know how to send a PM (does that mean personal message) to you with my email address.

Kind regards Sophie

Go to the message by Ash. Click on name SwiftGroup on the LHS and a box will drop down with one option Send P M.

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Thanx Ash thats a great help and since im a dab hand with screwdriver and pliers I would like you to mail me the intructions as the pressure switch has been mentioned before. My pump is a Flo jet and the water can take anything up to 5 minutes by the that time I have given up and used the watercontainer. But sadly im not that computer literateon this site as I have only joined and dont know how to send a PM (does that mean personal message) to you with my email address.

Kind regards Sophie

easy sophie,
go back to Ash's post.....
click on his NAME (swift group) below his avater pic.

in the dropdown box click 'send a private message to swift group.'

this will take you to the PM page.
write your reply, click submit and thats it

bugger.....brian got there before me :-(

iain4702

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
East Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12volt electrics

Hi Ash I am on our 3rd swift/Bessacarr van and currentlly own a E560 bought new in July 2008 from Knowepark in Livingston Scotland. While away last weekend I was unable to get any 12v power for water pump tvampor lights.However after being on mains hook up for abour an hour everything became on fine .No futher probs during weekend.However on returning home yesterday pm the problem came back no 12v power.During my investigations I discovered that when engine running no power going to fridge,for the first time ever I found that certain 12v power was working and not isolated as normal.When viewing the panel above the door when on hook up and battery charger on both batteries indicated a charge going into them(both read 14.5 volts). At that stage I switched the charger off as I was concerned that I might damage both batteries.

I have since phoned Knowepark and thankfully the are looking at the van tomorrow and feel that a replacement control unit located behind drivers seat located at end of bed box is required.

Following my contact with Knowepark when I went in the van the 12V system worked !! but only for a short period before going off again with a strange sound coming from the control unit .This morning when I was in the van the 12volt system worked as normal and during my time in the van (1/2 hour it stayed on!!!!ANY COMMENTS IAIN

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back