"stitching" VOB files....how to? (1 Viewer)

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Anyone know how to "stitch" VOB files together in order to play in the original format on a stand alone dvd player?

I have four downloads, each just under 8gb so each will go on a dual layer disc, but they are vob files.

Opening them or viewing on the pc is not a problem, neither is converting them to mpeg or avi....(have a variety of converters on my pc). What I am struggling with is exactly how to 'stitch' each file together of which there are about fourty in each download, to burn to disc in it's original format.

To give an example of what the programme file involves, it's a multi-episode so opens first to a 'menu' which you then click which episode you want to view. Viewing from the pc's hd thats exactly how it works.....but how do I get those files to burn to disc and work in that format style? If I simply burn it 'as is', all I will get is forty separate 'bits' on the disc.

Hope I have made my query as clear as possible without confusing the issue!

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Anyone know how to "stitch" VOB files together in order to play in the original format on a stand alone dvd player?

I have four downloads, each just under 8gb so each will go on a dual layer disc, but they are vob files.

Opening them or viewing on the pc is not a problem, neither is converting them to mpeg or avi....(have a variety of converters on my pc). What I am struggling with is exactly how to 'stitch' each file together of which there are about fourty in each download, to burn to disc in it's original format.

To give an example of what the programme file involves, it's a multi-episode so opens first to a 'menu' which you then click which episode you want to view. Viewing from the pc's hd thats exactly how it works.....but how do I get those files to burn to disc and work in that format style? If I simply burn it 'as is', all I will get is forty separate 'bits' on the disc.

Hope I have made my query as clear as possible without confusing the issue!
Can you load then into a video editing program that allows you to set chapters etc prior to burning to disk

OP
OP
B

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Can you load then into a video editing program that allows you to set chapters etc prior to burning to disk
I think thats possible via Nero and any one of the converters I have, but I don't think that will solve it.

Best way I can think of describing the whole download is similar to a music concert dvd you would buy in any store. Stick the disc in your player and on start-up it will display various individual selections you can click on instead of watching the entire concert.

Had the guy who upped the file just ripped each programme separately before uploading, that would have made burning straightforward. But he didn't. He's upped the whole dvd which has resulted in it downloading as vob which gives 'pieces' or 'bits'.

There must be a way of 'stitching' these back together so the whole file will run as per original.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
I think (but am happy to be corrected) that there should also be an IFO file to give the playing instruction and timings on DVD.

Search on .ifo and it might become clearer...

OP
OP
B

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
I think (but am happy to be corrected) that there should also be an IFO file to give the playing instruction and timings on DVD.
There is.....but opening it simply starts off the dvd .

Its indicated as Backup file of the IFO.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back