Minus 18 degs - boiler question (1 Viewer)

viks10

Free Member
Jan 6, 2009
Funster No
Hello
We are planning to go up to Aviemore over the next couple of days and I need some advise. Our truma boiler C6002 (2006 van) only blows hot air when there is water in the boiler, we have always presumed this to the way it is supposed to work. When the temp had dipped outside, we just put the peg on the red release valve to stop the boiler dumping the water so that we still get heating. When we get home we take it off and the boiler then drains the water therefore hopefully preventing freezing. However I was wondering how it is best to deal with extreme temps outside, does this mean we can't drive with water onboard as we can't keep the boiler on? Hopefully we will be able to get water up there but what do people do if they are wild camping and want to travel with water? Also I am now starting to think that the fact we can't use the heating without water in the boiler as being a hinderance and now wondering in fact if that is how it is actually meant to work or if in fact our boiler is broken?

All advice would be extreamly helpful, its amazing how ignorant you can still be after owning a van for ages!
Thanks
Viks

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I dont understand how this boiler-heater works.
What hapens in the instance of running out of water,which I think has hapened to us all at some time, do you have no heating then???.
That being the case I think its a very poor design.:Sad:

Upvote 0
Nov 23, 2008
Funster No
heater

We have the smaller 4002 are you sure it wont operate without water ours is designed to give out heat even without water I would suggest looking at Truma web site or give them a ring with your model and serial number should hopefully be open today If I have to work so should they.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
We have a Truma boiler and that works without water for heating only if required, but apart from heating when working in the van at home have never used it without water when on the move.

I find that the dump valve does not operate at low temp. when hot water is present as the heat round the boiler when switched off keeps the air above the dump valve working temp. It of course depends on how far the valve is from the boiler. Mine is located next to it so no problems.

I have used in Scotland down to quite low temperatures and had no problems.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
here is a link to the C6002 user guide in a PDF format.

download is on the right hand side near the top. click on .......'download the complete user guide'

scroll down to the uk pages in the manual.
first couple of pages explain most of what you need to know.

and yes, it can be run wioth or without water. just follow the instructions.

Link Removed

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
here is a link to the C6002 user guide in a PDF format.

download is on the right hand side near the top. click on .......'download the complete user guide'

scroll down to the uk pages in the manual.
first couple of pages explain most of what you need to know.

and yes, it can be run wioth or without water. just follow the instructions.

Link Removed
If at first it dosnt work, read the instructions.::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back